Friday, October 28, 2022

Halloween .. Good and Evil!


Which one do YOU think will win? Sister or Brother? Whose to say the both can't win?


This is another little Halloween quickie I wrote up the other night. Got the idea from the whole "evil twin" trope that often is portrayed in horror stories, and I wanted to give it a slight twist.

And sometimes, there can be tension between a mom and a potential girlfriend, or a sister and a potential girlfriend, perhaps because they are used to controlling him .. so it can only be a good thing when the relative realizes that he's going to be left in good hands with the future partner .. she'll be able to tease and torture him just as well as they do .. welcome to the family!

I am feeling a bit more like an adult today (Friday) but not quite out of the woods yet. Once i can get off the various decongestants, sinus meds, and rescue inhalers I've been leaning upon .. then I'll call it healed. I do appreciate everyone out there that is, or has been concerned about my well being. It's nice to feel loved!

Let me know what you think about the caption .. and your favorite Halloween memory of when you were under the age of 18. Whatever you'd like to share would be fine with me.


I remember this song as a 45 record I had when I was a child, and it wasn't until the internet came along that I found out he was a living legend in the UK, to the point where he was their Elvis Presley Rock and Roll Pioneer. Here in the US, he had this song, and I believe a hit or two with Olivia Newton John. 

6 comments:

  1. Good sibling story. Be interesting to see the reactions at the party. Zoe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think he will definitely be tempted at the least!

      Delete
  2. Cliff Richard!!! Yeah, he and the Shadows were a Big Deal over here - not sure I could equate them with Elvis but, then, I came long afterward - my mother would certainly agree with you.

    On the caption, I again love just how much you're able to pack in so that the twist not only works but genuinely comes as a surprise. Not because there's no build, quite the opposite, because the build is in the other direction. I've said it before, I'll say it again, the format of the caption is really something of an art form and the writing you do is highly honed! It's like poetry, in that it relies on paucity of verbiage, but adheres to whole different set of rules. In short and in closing: I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. John Lennon had said that there wasn't anything good to listen to in England before Cliff and the Shadows, so that is definitely something! I guess he's 3rd all-time in the UK in sales, only behind The Beatles and Elvis, so he was doing something right!

      And thanks for the compliments. Brevity can be a very hard thing to do, but with my ADD or ADHD, I really can't focus too much on writing anything in details. My brain is sort of like the observers in a Monty Python skit, "GET ON WITH IT!"

      Delete
  3. Love it. The Brother who seems to have the moves, is gonna have fun though a little embarrassed being hit on by the guys at the party. Sister and Dee will be in knots giggling at the scene. Of course Sis will watch out for him, Dee is the "one and only" to actually have fun later after the party with him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, this is a day for embarrassment and much teasing!

      Delete