Tuesday, August 30, 2022

Kevin Was SUPPOSED to Hang Out at the Mall with Dee!


Well, you know, plans, and minds, can change .. in a SNAP!


I know that fashion is a much different thing now (the amount of guys wearing black socks and athletic slides/ mules is just CRINGE to me!) but I don't get girls wearing an ensemble of dark clothing .. with REALLY WHITE SNEAKERS! It sort of made sense in the 80's when women had to wear heels at work, so they'd throw on sneakers for the commute so they'd be comfortable, not get their stilettos stuck in grates, etc .. Even monochrome Chucks would have worked for that outfit better than what she's wearing.

Sooooooo, I just had to caption it, and work out a reason as to WHY this fashion monstrosity was happening. It OBVIOUSLY had to be a guy that was being hypnotized into femininity, and hadn't gotten the entire girly wardrobe yet. The eyes being closed also really tied in the hypnotism aspect of the caption.

And it's for Ashlee (Totalditz) who is still 'young at heart' with me, because hanging around the mall in the late 90's - early 2000's as a teenager was the bomb diggity! We could get all emo and shit!

I was talking to Courtney Captisa about this the other day, that I used to have a bunch (four actually) of malls within a 15 mile radius of my home where I grew up, and yet, there's only ONE of those left, and it's right on the fringe of that 15 mile limit. The rest became outside strip malls, or storage units, or sports complexes. We also talked about Abercrombie and Hollister, and I can still remember the scent that wafted out of Hollister!

Courtney said that she hit a mall the other day, and it was the busiest she had seen it in years, but most likely due to back-to-school shopping. I guess the biggest news of our chat is that she is possibly going to be releasing some new TG Mall stories soon! Well, fingers crossed for that! I own them all on Kindle!


Ahhh, is this the most well-known song about sneakers over the last 20 years? Could be!

4 comments:

  1. Wow, that'd be a fun transformation to participate in. I like white sneakers, though just how to keep them so clean is the problem - hahaha, just as difficult as trying not to get your stilettos stuck in a grate. Of course I could not walk in stilletos, but definitely some cute shoes are required.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I was a bit younger, I definitely walked pretty well in heels. Didn't own any stilettoes but I'm sure I could have handled it. Now my knees are shot, so I don't do anything more then 2-3 inch heels.

      Delete
    2. Hose in sneakers feels weird for me, but it's an interesting weird as opposed to an eww kind of weird. idk

      Delete
    3. I would think so too. I've worn hose with sneakers once before, but was also wearing socks, so I can't say for sure which sort of weird it'd be!

      Delete