Wednesday, March 23, 2022

Finally Returning to the Office!


Just in time for $4 a gallon, 50 mile commutes .. and you've got a run in your stockings for the first time ever!


Well, hey .. maybe getting to dress up in female dress clothes everyday instead of sweatpants work casual from home .. might be just the pick-me-up that is needed to get everyone back in the swing of things and stimulate the economy .. or stimulate yourself if you are the average blog visitor here to this site!

Loved this picture, and was going to start writing something for Tungdil, when I saw that the calendar said "2018" on it. How do I get around that? Well, I could certainly Photoshop it out and go from there, but the thought about going back to a more innocent time in society (well, in hindsight at least!) was intriguing. Besides, if you're now female, who's to say that all the pandemic stuff is going to actually happen? All it takes is a butterfly landing on a bat in China, and perhaps things are totally different! And worse case scenario for Valerie is that her wedding happens in the next 14 months or so.

Are things relatively back to normal for most of you out there reading my posts? Let me know in the comments!

I've been back in my office since May 2020; and we are now open for most business once again, after taking a few steps back at the end of December through mid February. I still wear a mask out in public, but I've actually gone out to eat once a few weeks ago. At some point I might attend a family gathering, even though a few of them still haven't been vaccinated. It's going to be interesting to see how I respond to life the way it "used" to be, even though my life is much different now than just over 2 years ago when my forever person died suddenly. My daughter's mother also died of Covid at the end of 2020.

So the next time you see someone out in public, and they aren't handling things well .. Just remember that their "back to normal" situation might be much harder to deal with than yours.



1 comment: