Tuesday, March 29, 2022

A Matter of Semantics, However You Want to Look at It


Not sure how well this one will go over. I like it alot, but it might be too close to home for someone ..


.. like the recipient, Jennifer Elizabeth, aka the captioner formerly known as Jilllisa.

Jennifer has started transitioning, after being a long-time member of Rachel's Haven. Quite a few people from the Haven have done so, and some that have completed their transition have stayed to help others that are going through as a mentor. In her preferences, she's quite submissive, and likes oral .. so I figured this might work for her in a few ways. I tried to be playful, provocative and meaningful too.

However, I might strike some nerves, as I've included something that could be a hot button topic for her, and others that are going through what she is going through as well .. some of her family is not dealing well with the move from male identity to female. I thought that this is a universal thing for most TG people, and thought that it might work both on the Haven, and here on the blog.

What I wrote her in the post on the Haven was:

Wanted to make something for you, dearest Jennifer Elizabeth, and I hope you take it in the spirit of what I wanted to present to you. Mostly, that everything you do, should be for yourself. Especially everything that relates to you and your journey. To paraphrase a recent saying, "Always be yourself. Unless you can be Batwoman. Then, always be Batwoman!"

Pretty much, you should never sacrifice anything for another person .. it has to be of your own volition. You'll never please anyone else if you aren't pleasing your own needs.

And I stand by those words as I write this post. After going through the last 2 years, the only person you have to satisfy is yourself. Be true to who you are, and hope that everyone else comes around. You are the only person that has to live in your skin, and you shouldn't be living up to whatever others THINK or WANT that you should be. Make yourself happy and comfortable, and then perhaps others you care about will see that, and respond positively. If they can't, that's not your problem.

But so far, Jennifer Elizabeth hasn't seen it as far as I can tell, and no one else has commented. Not sure if that is because it's something they want to see if Jennifer likes it, before they react, or maybe something else. I did not create it to make her uncomfortable, and if I did, I'm sorry for that. It's the story that came out of me though, and I thought it was important to make it as I saw it. Definitely not your typical blowjob TG caption, and hopefully that's a good thing. Time will tell I guess.

So, what do you think? Please comment below as I wish to hear from people who aren't me about this caption. Feel free to berate me if you wish. I'm strong and can take it. If you think it's good, tell me why as well. If Jennifer comments before this gets posted on Tuesday night, I'll try to add her comments too.

I am all for dialog that can make people understand each other better. Love you all!


Everyday I fight a war against the mirror.
I can't take the person starin' back at me.
I'm a hazard to myself.
Don't let me get me.
I'm my own worst enemy.
Its bad when you annoy yourself.
So irritating, don't wanna be my friend no more
I wanna be somebody else.

4 comments:

  1. I do hope that this image is taken by its intended recipient in the spirit in which it was intended. It certainly goes over well with me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think she did. Here's what she had to say, "Becoming a submissive housewife is indeed where I want to be. Thank you for the caption! (But no spanking, please.)"

      Glad you enjoyed it too!

      Delete
  2. Love it. It is true you have to be true to yourself however that is not always easy, sometimes it takes a little encouragement. The song choice is very apt - I know you don't need me to tell you that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I am always for letting your freak flag fly for the most part.

      As for the song, my forever person loved Pink, so I'm definitely on board with the song too. She also loved the Foo Fighters too, so having Taylor on almost the exact 2 year anniversary of her death was a bit unsettling for me.

      Delete