Saturday, November 13, 2021

Takes One to Know One!


Rare Damien as a warlock .. come inside and see what he does to his tormentors!


Who doesn't love a bit of justice paid out to those who have wronged you? Oh course, this hadn't happened to the REAL Damien .. I never went to my prom and went out drinking with a few friends on the other side of the railroad tracks. It sounded much more fun then, trust me on that! I ended up going to a prom later on, after I reached the legal drinking age of 21, so I could actually grab a drink at the bar attached to the banquet hall where the prom was being held. Why are so many of my youthful life events centered around drinking? Perhaps it's because I was so good at it?!?

Anywho, I think their fates fit the crime quite well. Then again, you could say that becoming females is too good a punishment for them, but I would counter that being knocked up by assholes that act just like they were seems like a poetic retribution a la Dante to me.

I am in the middle of a nice little vacation (5 days off in a row!) from work at the moment, and I'm at the day where I'm starting to think, "I don't feel like I've accomplished anything .. urggh, I need to get motivated!" since I wasn't going anywhere special at all, I had planned on tidying up the apartment, getting ready for Christmas decorating, maybe some Xmas shopping, perhaps even some baking?  But nope, sitting on my ass writing up captions and sleeping in. Does this ever happen to you as well?

Well, I guess the good news in all that is that at least I have some content for you to peruse! I also have a caption that isn't viewable yet because it's a part of a captioning challenge that Vanessa (VanillaThunder) is offering at her blog so please do head there if you are a captioner OR if you just want to see her captions, which are very good (as well as her stories posted to Fictionmania!) I've also made a few Christmas quickies for when we hit the holiday season towards the end of December. Not sure how many I am going to do for the holidays, so I've also thought about highlighting some of my older creations just in case, as I think I've made almost 80 of them that are holiday themed! We shall see as we get closer.


One of my favorite comedy groups, who came from Mystery Science Theater 3000, aka MST3K, and this is truly a weird film short that they've chosen to riff.

4 comments:

  1. I know exactly what you mean about vacations and having plans but then just catching up on sleep. That's still an achievement though!

    Also yeah, went to my 'prom' and was too young to drink (so were the people who did).

    Also here for the culture, referring properly to Dante in a caption discussion? Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I consider Dante's Inferno to be one of the best books of all time. Not a fan of Purgatorio or Paradiso .. tried them once and just couldn't get ahold of it.

      Today is the last day of my "vacation" and at least I spent a few of those days with the GF, though it's been a sad time for her, so I was mostly consoling and trying to help out as best I could. Sometimes, just sleeping in someone's bed can help them out a lot.

      Delete
  2. I didn't go to my prom either. The females at my high school were stuck up bitches too and I wasn't of their standards. I had the last laugh as it was me who turned out to be successful! Zoe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you are successful Zoe! Surviving, and then thriving, is always the best revenge to those who have wronged you!

      Delete