Wednesday, November 17, 2021

Still Working Out All Those Dad Jokes!


Every once in awhile, I get a hankerin' for a caption inspired by Annabelle Raven, so I make one!


I know that she still creates captions on Deviant Art, but i don't really hang out there that much, so I often go months without seeing anything new that Annabelle has created. But she's one of those captioners that "knows her lane" so to speak, and mostly does captions that deal with family members, usually a dad and his son, or sometimes even adding in a grandfather. They aren't usually forced, and usually fairly wholesome too, so if that sort of thing intrigues you, please do follow the link if you have an account there.

So anyway, I saw the photo and thought that it'd make a good caption in her style, though it's not QUITE a happy ending by the end of the story .. but I'm sure it will somehow work itself out. I mean, who doesn't want a wife that can do all sorts of household repairs AND dispense all sorts of word play, puns, and groan inducing jokes? It's how I've stayed attached all these many years!

And mostly I made this caption to make myself smile. Not every one has to be sexy, or tingle inducing, or clever in any way. Just a cute little caption to make others happy too!



5 comments:

  1. That sort of thing *does* intrigue me and I like what you did with it. There's something about people who already knew each other navigating similar changes together as a team/family. There's also something particularly intriguing about the offspring actually wanting her parent to get into the dating world as a woman. I like reading about how the newly acquired (or imposed) female hormones work on the mind. Great dialogue!

    fj

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed it! There's something familiar about being changed with someone else you know, and getting to go along for the ride with them.

      Make sure you check out Annabelle Raven on Deviant Art then if you like captions like this! Her blog had been pulled down a number of years ago, but she's still producing captions there.

      Delete
    2. I'm glad you told me! Yes, I really like her work!!!

      fj

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Yeah, the hat doesn't quite fit the mom, but in a way, it also does!

      Delete