Wednesday, September 29, 2021

Making the News? I AM The News!


The only bad publicity is NO publicity! Film at 11!


Just a quickie that stars Fiona, because she's the last person to comment here on my blog. I hadn't decided whom to make it for when I was crafting it, so I figured, when I go to write up this post, whomever was the last person to comment (that wasn't me!) they'd get to 'star' in it. Congrats Fiona!

This is sort of based on a story that came out a few weeks ago in RI, where a local news station, that is run by a national syndicated company that rhymes with Sin(don't)care, let go a meteorologist, who happened to be a bit overweight and nearing age 50 (of COURSE it's a female. Goes without saying, right?) They didn't officially "fire" her because then they could be on the hook for a discrimination suit, so they offered her a new contract with reduced hours, and no chance to pick up any extra hours when others were on vacation etc.. and oh yeah, with a reduction in her current wages.

It kind of sucks that this is how we treat female on-air talent. This same news station had a morning weather man (yup, and old dude!) for 60+ years from 1944(!) until 2006). They had another guy who started in 1967 and just recently retired, though he's still doing forecasting online. And just watch an hour or two of the Weather Channel, and you are likely to see a hot babe in a tight dress wearing heels prance around in front of a HUGE screen telling you about the weather. It's a conspiracy!
 
I thought about what I'd have done if I was Dee Mentia, weather lady, and this is what I came up with. So what do you think happened? I mean, it COULD have been my fault to being with, but I'm certainly going to make an interesting ending. And more importantly, what happened NEXT?! Tell us all in the comments below. I'd really interesting in what happened in YOUR town!


I always felt that Brain was a tragic comedy figure. Would the world have been that much more fucked up with him taking it over .. than it already is now?

6 comments:

  1. I agree with you your points. The caption is a great idea. I'm sure it will be totally effective.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope my post didn't sound too preachy. Wasn't quite my intention, but when I get on my high horse, I definitely ride that sucker like a bucking bronco!

      Delete
  2. "I was against taking you off the air, Mistress"

    "I know you were. Your honesty and technical skills are why I drafted you to be a Minion."

    "Thank you, Mistress. And thank you for the tip. I moved over my 401-K and IRA totally. I never knew the S&P HAD a pantyhose sector fund."

    "Subsonic hypnotic set at 7.5 Hz. They'll never realize they are hearing it. "

    "Yes, Fiona, you definitely have skills. Even ones I did not expect. You lured that man out of the truck VERY well. A natural. But they fit the look. Even I was pleasantly surprised at your new look. Who imagined those legs under Frank's suit?"

    ::Blush:: "Thank you Mistress. I ... just sort of played to his weakness. He talked a LOT and I knew what would get the job done."

    " I appreciate what you are doing, and going to do for my Cause."

    "Mistress"

    "We ALWAYS keep our promises, Fiona.... you have a job to do.. or give.. understand?"

    ...... "Yes Mistress"

    "I only wish I could be there to see it. Be sure to get good film."

    "Yes Mistress"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Theta binaural beats? I use them on many nights to help with sleep.

      And I can't WAIT to see the footage! There will be a ton of new customers to my fancy dress boutique and lingerie coffee shop!

      Delete
  3. Dee! I loved this one
    Sorry I've been missing for awhile.

    Been in the background

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG! Katie! I have missed you so much!

      Please do search out your name here on my blog and go to your trade folder on the Haven. I had made a few Xmas captions for you over the past few years!

      Hope you will drop in again someday soon. It hasn't been the same without you! At the least, please send me some email so we could stay in contact!

      Delete