Tuesday, August 17, 2021

Searching for a Treasure .. Chest?!?


Perhaps there's some booty to be had as well? Seems to be a theme here this week!


Figured I'd continue with "beach week" since pictures kept coming through the Interwebz stream, and I might as well work with what I've got. No need to try to swim upstream and spawn some new works, just ride the waves to wherever the tide takes me.

Kind of sucks that all my best puns and word play came to me while I was writing up this post, as opposed to when I was actually making the caption. Oh well! Hope everyone is enjoying their summer .. even if you aren't able to get to a beach like the protagonists from the last few captions. As long as you can relax, even a little bit, we'll all feel a little better.

What's the best thing you've discovered or found. Doesn't have to be on a beach or in the woods. Maybe it was a real bargain at a thrift store or flea market. Let me know in the comment section!


4 comments:

  1. Nice caption, clever as always (but I agree that your best puns are in the body of the post and not the caption). Sometimes one need not have the puns in the caption though.

    The best thing I ever found? Gotta be a fossilised imprint of the bones of a hand/paw/flipper on a flat stone near Filey in Yorkshire. It was a tiny little thing and I lost it years ago (or else it was broken/hoovered up) but it remains one of my best ever 'found' things.

    Really need to get more into Led Zepplin, I've never hweard a song by them I didn't like!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, wish you still had it. That sounds awesome!

      I was a huge Zeppelin fan in my late teens. Don't follow them as much as I used to. Trust me though, there are some horrible songs they've done, especially as the approached the end of the 70's. From Physical Graffiti onward, those discs are very inconsistent from song to song.

      Delete
  2. There's more treasures now for her - very nice. Better than finding some old bits of flotsum and jetsum, aka: broken crockery, splinters and general trash - yeah, the local beach growing up though sandy, wasn't exactly clean by modern standards.

    Cool choice from Led Zeplin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a classic Zeppelin riff, and IV and Houses of the Holy still stand up today. Sorry to hear you never found much of anything good on the beaches around your area.

      Delete