Sunday, August 15, 2021

Life's a Real Beach .. and Then You Become One!


I'm guessing that Anakin Skywalker would have hated to visit certain TG universes, am I right?


"I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." Yes, I'm guessing if you wish to hide one of a set of twins from an evil Sith lord, certain beaches are the best places to go!

I am in recovery at the moment, and while I didn't have some wonderful idea for a caption today, I did find this picture stimulation enough to make a meta caption that ties in nicely to vacations / relaxation in the sunshine. Not around HERE of course, where the heat index has been 100+, but what do I care? I'm rehabilitating in nice air conditioned rooms! Take THAT, space coyote!

And it's much easier to comprehend if you know Spanish, or like me, have google to help with the translations. In one way, this caption is very truthful. I am quite frugal, and will often "spring" for the membership if it's only a bit more .. Hey! Maybe I'll want to come back again someday! And I thought it'd be fun to mention a TG story universe IN an actual caption .. that doesn't happen very often, so I figured that that might be more than enough reason to make this caption!

So I do plan to be back making captions soon again, even ones offered in a trade (the last 13 out of 15 captions posted have been blog exclusives!) Perhaps I'll even get ahead with multiple works that I can choose to post depending on the mood, instead of creating something for publication that night, just like I used to do. In that vein, I should probably get started on Halloween and Christmas captions! That way I won't be stressed out into making them then!

So enjoy the heat to go along with this caption. Put your painted toes into the water and relax! You've got a lifetime to play with that body, so take your time, sweeties!


8 comments:

  1. Sounds like that extra $20 should've been spent on a few months of Duolingo Premium, huh? Or since they got to learn Spanish anyway, I guess they came out even. Great cap as always!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is Duolingo Premium more likely to give us sentences that actually make sense? I got sick of saying things like, "The alligator is reading a newspaper." like I'd ever have to say that in any situation that wasn't as a spy giving the code sentence to a shadowy figure in a dark alley!

      Thanks for the comment! You've been doing a great job at your blog, so keep up the good work .. and I'm about to leave you a comment on the newest creation.

      Delete
  2. I took HS Spanish for three years but all I really remember is...
    "Dos cervezas por favor!"
    Hope everything went well with your procedure and you have a speedy recovery...
    Kisses
    Kaaren

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I vaguely remember something about having a pencil in the library as part of my Spanish education, and that included 2 semesters of it in college too!

      and thanks! I'm feeling more and more like a human now!

      Delete
  3. Not a lover of sand either. This beach though, 20 bucks sweeeeet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's got it's appeal. Just avoid the sand, especially inside your bikini!

      Delete
  4. Bit late to this one but I hope your recovery is progressing nicely and that you are feeling better!

    I'll confess, hablo me no Espanol. Ein bischen Deutsch, vielleicht, aber kann ich nicht Spanien.

    I remember Bikini Beach when I was new to fictionmania, I had a couple of faves that were set there but I can't recall any of them by name. I like the caption. I always seem to enjoy the oblivious transformations the most.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Bikini Beach was definitely a product of the late 90's, early 00's. I tend not to like too many TG universes, other than Spells R'Us, but this picture really fit that vibe, so I went with it. Glad you liked it!

      In my life, I've received D's in English, Spanish and French, so I like to think that I've been illiterate in 3 different languages!

      Delete