Wednesday, August 18, 2021

Did You Hear the One About a ...


Just something that struck me a bit funny as I was surfing the interwebz tonight!


I've made quite a bit of progress on the captioning front, and as I was winding down, I came across this picture, which I'd seen a number of times before. However, I had been thinking about TG universes and tropes that go back a number of years, and a certain one came into my mind.

There's a quick set of dad jokes that makes fun of an old classic set-up: "A man walks into a bar .. OUCH! Two men walk into a bar .. the second man should have seen it!" And that is where the thought for this caption quickie came in, right after I thought, "I should post a quickie caption tonight, so that I can line up the next few captions to post on Friday night and then Sunday night, like I try to do when I can. And if I could come up with something, then I wouldn't have to post a rerun from the past.

And from there, I just thought it'd be fun to do a quick little blast of TG for everyone to enjoy! There IS one more bikini caption coming up on Friday. Stay tuned for it!

Any other old time jokes you'd like to mention in the comments that could make for a good TG caption? I know I did one with the "guy in the barrel" navy joke .. perhaps you have some others to bring up?



7 comments:

  1. You can tell they have the default model, it only comes with one outfit! They always price gouge you on the DLC to get more customization options too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hadn't even thought of that technology having DLC available! Shows how long ago the auto-closet universe was created!

      Delete
    2. goes back to the Jetsons.... 60s?

      Delete
  2. I think it just proves their sanity. If one did it, expecting to do the same thing with a different result is insanity, ergo, they are sane.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, they all proved that they didn't have the skills to FIX the damn thing!

      Or maybe one of them is the husband of the auto-closet's owner, and the other two were there to fix it!

      Delete
  3. Horse walks into a bar and orders a shot and a beer....
    Bartender puts his drinks in front of him and asks...
    "Why the long face?"

    This was a cute little cap Dee and I was thinking that the first guy went into the auto-closet and when the other two saw the result they jumped in too!!!!
    I would have!!!

    Hope all is well....
    Kisses
    Kaaren

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kaaren! I am recovering now. Slowly buy surely. I'm not kidding, and don't call me Shirley!

      It's nice to just write little one-off little captions now and again!

      Delete