Tuesday, August 24, 2021

From Daddy .. to Maddie!


Well, I sort of gave THAT one away, didn't I? Well, you can still come inside and READ it, right?


I was chatting with Ashlee (Totalditz) this afternoon while making captions, so naturally her favorite preferences sort of blended into what I was working on, so here is one of the two that I made today.

For anyone that is interested, the performer is Sabrina Carpenter I believe, who starred in the re-boot of Boy Meets World, titled, Girl Meets World! Where do they come up with these ideas? I guess that she is a singer too? I've seen other pictures of her with a guitar, so she's probably multi-talented.

And so, who wouldn't want her as a role model? Certainly Maddie finds out why! And kids today sstill know who Madonna is, right? Damn I am feeling old right now! Please do enjoy the caption though!


I always preferred to be Cyndi Lauper to Madonna, but being the early Material Girl isn't bad either!

6 comments:

  1. Gotta love a good rhyming title! And the cap is fantastic, I like the progression of the change, it's very well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually went back to the caption right as I was writing this up, so that I could make the swap to Maddie, so everything would work out .. plus Maddie ==> Madonna worked well too.

      Glad you enjoyed it!

      Delete
  2. Madonna!!! You damn kids and your music....get off my lawn!!!!
    Honestly this one took me a couple of reads to "get it" but I enjoyed it every time!!!!
    Hope all is well....
    Kisses
    Kaaren

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you read it enough times to get it. Sometimes when there's a change mid-way through a caption, it can be hard to delineate it for the reader. Most times I use a chance in color with the font, but that might not be caught the first time.

      I am hanging in there mostly. Need some luck to go my way soon, but still battling as best I can!

      Delete
  3. Aw, how sweet! The caption, I mean.

    The only thing about Lucky Star I know is that it featured on the Snatch soundtrack solely because Guy Ritchie was attempting to court Madonna at the time - it features for a whole thirty seconds or so in the background of a scene but gets the full track on the OST.

    Also, my favourite misheard Madonna lyric "Lat night I dreamt of some degu" - I guess she really wanted a pet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For me, I remember heading "Dress You Up" and thinking it the line, "Dress you up in my love .." was "Dress you up in nylons .." which to be honest, is exactly how I'd want it to actually be!

      Glad you liked it!

      Delete