Friday, August 20, 2021

A Summertime Task Gone Tits Up!


Finally, a non-blog exclusive! Something for my good friend Ashlee (Totalditz) so come inside ...


and read about Kevin's fate!

I was looking at more beach / bikini pictures, and saw this one, thinking about one of Ashlee's big preferences, being forced to do girl things / tasks for some reason or another. I saw it and immediately thought of how she had failed a task before, of not using cutesy selfie filters on "her" social posts.

And I went with it by making a caption setting, putting the picture in it, and then creating a fake set of text messages to drive the story .. but I had some extra space there to use in whatever way I desired .. so I figured I'd write a wraparound pre and post log to perhaps enhance everything else. I'm hoping I succeeded in bringing it up a few more notches. You'll have to tell me in the comments if I did.

So we've had an entire week of vacation / beach captions. Which one was your favorite? Let me know .. perhaps I'll pick one commenter and try to get them involved in a later caption! Why not?!?

Also, do you come back to read my replies if/when you leave a comment? Do you read other's comments down below? Figured I would ask as I try to respond to most of your comments.


Both Ashlee and I are on the wrong coast for this song, but we'll dance to it anyway!

7 comments:

  1. You can tell the programming is taking hold, because it looks like the poor girl has forgotten to charge her phone after taking all those selfies!

    I think out of all of this week's caps, my favorite would have to be "His Vacation... Abroad!" just for the pun, although today's is a very close second.

    And I make it a point to always come back to check if my comments got replies, and I usually end up checking the other comments while I'm there cause they're always interesting to read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wondered if anyone was going to notice that, as I set it that way on purpose, as that was his age BEFORE the summer tasks happened.

      Thanks for the comment reply. I had wondered if people come back looking to see if I have responded to them. Looks like my friends do seem to come back and check. It's good to know!

      Delete
  2. Great cap Dee! I think the pre/post story makes this a more well rounded cap. Without them, it's almost too meta. It could be read as just a transformation and not necessarily male to female... making her sister go to the beach and get bigger breasts.. But the wraparound firmly establishes the forced femme bona fides.

    I haven't read the earlier caps as I'm just catching up, but I'll come back and give an opinion in a bit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, nothing against the previous caps, but I like this one the best! Layout, story, dialog... it just works!

      Delete
    2. Yeah, that was one of the reasons why I went with a wraparound story. Sometimes I take shortcuts knowing that people are coming here or to the Haven for TG caption content, but wanted to drive home the older boy to teenage girl plot that I was trying to focus upon.

      Delete
  3. I always like this kind of set up and I agree that the wraparound text really helps ground the story!

    As for comments: yes - I do try to come back and read your replies (sometimes I do forget and then check back a week or so later when I remember). And, of course, read all the other comments. I tend not to reply then though because, well, by that point you've usually posted a new caption or I wsorry about how much I'm typing. I tend to go for full essays rather than short and conversational responses and I'm working on it but the pull of the run on sen tence is sometimes a little too strong meaning that I'm still here counting the lines whilst changing subjects a little too often. Aaaand there I go again. Point is: yes, I appreciate your replies! :)

    Nowt wrong with a bit of Katy Perry now and again. I shall drop this link without any further context: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IURWeQvtcNI

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As mentioned above, I'm glad that most of the regulars do check to see if I've written a response to their comments. I had asked because I wondered if I should sometimes highlight a response of mine to a good comment in the next post to make sure others saw it. Glad to know that I don't necessarily have to.

      Delete