Monday, August 2, 2021

Back to Work By September!


I worked during the entire pandemic so far .. can everyone else say the same thing? C'mon inside!


Didn't PLAN of making any more Covid related captions, but the delta variant is doing a good job of prolonging things and making me wonder if there is going to be a backslide, or if this is just a passing thing that will be over quite soon. Either way, I thought this caption could work as a "moment in time" where all our moments in the last year and a half have been quite memorable.

I'm sort of proud for working these last 17 months or so .. but then again, I had a job that valued me and tried the best they could to keep me safe, while keeping the place open and working as close to full capacity as possible, given all the changes that needed to be made in society and business in general.

Other friends of mine got shit-canned and as soon as the shit started to hit the fan in their industries, and just took whatever job they could, and slaved under those conditions since. A few others were able to collect unemployment and ride it out. Some handled it well mentally .. and others have not. I have a friend that lost his job in January, and it really took a chunk out of his self-esteem. His wife is still working, and paying all the bills since then (someone used his name and SS# to falsely claim in 2020, and it's still not resolved as of a few weeks ago) and he's been doing house-work, cooking for the misses, etc ..

She's a bit weird with it too .. 'I didn't marry a damn housewife' is one of the things she's told me, and she's also said she wants a partner, not a docile sub. I found it ironic that around this blog, most of the guys probably would like to be in that situation, but I'm also guessing at least a few of you would have spouses that feel the way my friend's wife does (and honestly, I'm more friends with her than him, so I get her unfiltered thoughts straight from the source.) They'll work things out I'm sure, as he does have a few leads now for a job, but it did put me in a mindset for writing this one up.

And it is a different situation, but I have certainly seen how just not having a job can influence how males can feel, especially when they are no longer the 'provider' .. both on his account and how his spouse can perceive the situation. Of course, I took all this in s "Dee" direction specifically for this blog, but I wonder if this could be something that happens a lot more than I had ever thought.

I'm quite dominant in most of my relationships, but if I ever happened to be involved with a rich woman, or some lady who has a kick-ass job .. would I fall down that rabbit hole as well? My friend had NEVER collected unemployment or been without a job for 34 years, and I'm guessing a big part of who he was, was in that mindset. Same here for myself .. I wouldn't even know how to file or where to go. Could I handle that situation, and go along with the whole emasculation / feminization aspect, or give in to my male ego / pride and walk away, even if I loved the woman? Definitely a topic I'd like people to comment on down below .. especially since I know I have some sissies that visit here often. Let's discuss! Of course, it's a blog exclusive, so you could just talk about the caption as well.


Just had to pick one of these old Conan clips from the early 2000's. Epic stuff and I'll miss his show!

6 comments:

  1. This definitely feels like an old classic, the "I didn't force you into anything" trope in full force, which I've always enjoyed. Plus the expression of the model really sells it. Great job as usual!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I feel like I was channeling OLD SCHOOL Dee on this one!

      Delete
  2. Good caption as always!

    Honestly, I'm a little confused and staggered that that sort of trope happens in real life. I mean, to cast unemployment in a pandemic as a personal failing seems to me sort of... well, anyway, I've been lucky. My line of work meant that I was in the whole time, even when it wasn't really that safe (which is the whole time) because mitigation was virtually impossible despite the goodwill and care of my employers. And the UK threw another economic wrecking ball into the whole thing in which the other shoe will drop soon so...

    Anyway, loved the Conan clip too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, in the real life case I mentioned, to him it was emasculating because "the man was the provider" and she was used to that. After the job loss (he'd been there for 15 years!)he'd become very indecisive and would fritter about.

      He certainly wasn't getting breast implants or anything like that! LOL But mindsets can be very hard to change, plus he hadn't really ever had to rely on others or get assistance. Hopefully soon he'll have another job.

      Delete
  3. I wonder how much of this has really occurred in real life....my wife informed me of two people at her firm that are transitioning....but it's a really big firm so statistically they're barely a blip....years ago that would have been the kiss of corporate death but in our slightly more enlightened times they've hung on to their positions...
    I lost my job quite a few years ago in a corporate downsizing....it wasn't a surprise to me....I was an almost invisible middle manager...
    My wife on the other hand was a star!!! She was creative and smart and ruthless when she had to be....she skyrocketed up the corporate ladder and was one of the youngest vice-presidents ever at her firm...
    We both decided that it would probably be best if I stayed home and kept house for her....she already knew about the whole sissy thing and she had already cuckolded me....and all I can say it has worked out beautifully for us!!!
    Sorry I haven't been around much Dee....things are going on that occupy lots of my time....but I still read every post!!!
    Kisses
    Kaaren

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had your real life story in the back of my mind while writing this .. but I had gone more cruel here than anything she would have said/done to you.

      I'm glad that you've been busy. Missed your input on things around here, but I know you are devoted to Mrs. K and the hunt for a new place that sort of fell through with her work, etc .. but it's nice to see you still drop by. I've been away over the weekends (with the new GF) so I tend to miss the Saturday Matinee until I can catch up to it during the week.

      Delete