Wednesday, July 28, 2021

Kind of a Huge Deal on Myspace!


Even Ashton Kutcher couldn't save Myspace. Who's Ashton Kutcher? Wow, I'm really old!


Sorry if I ended up giving away the zinger at the end. I didn't really want to go there and reference literally the only thing that most people remember about Myspace, but I didn't have a proper ending otherwise. And I'm sure there are a few really young people that visit here that aren't quite sure what Myspace is .. and dammit, if that is true, I definitely want to switch ages with you! Then again, I'm getting more laid now then during some of my sober years in my 20's! If I could have THAT body now, I'd be golden!

There are no deep meaning in this caption, so not much of a discussion needs to be had, other than this is a bit of a response to myself feeling older due to how many "things" are "things" now that seem to be passing me by LOL I think that about a quote from Abe "Grandpa" Simpson, who said, "I used to be with 'it', but then they changed what 'it' was. Now what I'm with isn't 'it' anymore and what’s 'it' seems weird and scary. It'll happen to you!" Then again, I'm now on Discord .. again! I had signed up a few years ago to help run a Rachel's Haven server .. and then barely anyone showed up. Maybe I'll join Twitch someday soon .. though I barely play computer games anymore. Where was I? Oh yeah ..  So, I tied an onion to my belt which was the style at the time. Zzzz.

And for those wondering, I was thinking about Ashlee (Totalditz) and Kaitlyn from the Haven, but the way the caption turned out, I didn't think it'd fit either one of them as a trade caption, so it remains a blog exclusive .. but in this way, everyone can think that THEY are starring in it!


This song was already ironic by 2011, so 20 years after that, it IS nostalgic for me LOL

5 comments:

  1. I remember MySpace! But I was never one of the cool kids on it or around it, it passed me by because 'it' was already changing (I spent my time on Garfield, Dilbert and other webcomics, so the whole point of MySpace I found terrifying and scary with my baby dial-up modem or using University computers - they tracked your activity you know).

    So, another way in which you were on the money and the zeitgeist, Dee!

    Also, it's a whimsical caption, I like it, with a deep cut of obscure(ish) internet ephemera that allows it to appeal to denizens (netizens?) of MySpace and beyond.

    Glad to hear life is interesting for you at the moment too!

    Joanna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had gotten MySpace mostly because of my daughter, which is the same reason why I ended up on Facebook, and Google+ for that matter!

      And yes. Right now I'm getting laid pretty regularly, which hopefully will continue into the near and hopefully distant future too!

      Delete
    2. I miss Google+ *whimsical sigh*

      :)

      Delete
  2. A fun caption, definitely.

    I'm thinking total weird but the picture then you mention Ashton... she looks a bit like his on screen GF from a certain famous show set in a few decades before myspace. I loved that show. Never got myspace.

    Age does have some advantages and now you can put an onion on your belt, its back in style as there is no style now.

    Glad life is interesting now for you. My wish for all is, that it will also too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just want to clarify I was not saying anything about the caption or picture or idea or author being weird. I was referring to my own thoughts.

      Delete