Monday, July 26, 2021

The Golden Ratio .. Is Not the Golden Rule!


A previous caption was named after Everything Bagels. Now we've got Everything Nice!


Well, by the end of the caption, there a bit of Dee mixed into that Everything Nice thing, that certainly messes up the recipe a bit, don't you think?

I had a wild weekend that I was AFK (away from keyboard) and away from my apartment, so I didn't get a chance to respond to anyone leaving comments, nor making any new captions. This morning, before work, I had a few moments to kill so I went looking at pictures .. and came across this one. The different jars, bottles and flowers made me think of that nursery rhyme about women .. so I saved it, knowing I'd probably have time to whip something up after work.

And I had been rolling the idea around my head whenever I had a moment of peace at my job, so I couldn't wait until I got home to place it into a caption setting and got to work on it.

And it did start off with good intentions, I swear! but then, as I was sitting at the desk contemplating writing out the rent check of August (I'll be at the GF's house next weekend too!) some good old fashioned finances came into being, and I wrote out the last paragraph with the appropriate twist.

I don't apologize for it either, because most fairy tales and nursery rhymes have an undercurrent of poverty and more serious issues underneath the stories, and the moral here is, "If I can better myself, AND make a fortune doing the same to help others, it's my DUTY to do so!" It's the American Way!

So cynical of me, right? Yeah. But it still made the caption much better in my humble opinion, because I wasn't sure how to end it any other way. Maybe you have something better in mind? Tell me in the comments! I'd love to see how you'd have ended the story.


What else would I have pulled up for here? It's a guilty pleasure!

2 comments:

  1. that catchy tune is a perfect compliment to the caption

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh definitely. I don't think that the Spice Girls had much talent, but they certainly had good producers and writers, and it's a banging tune!

      Delete