Thursday, July 15, 2021

A Quandary That's Keeping You on Your Toes!


Letting everyone in on a big-time secret that most of us already understood!


Made this one for Keaparrot, and the picture grabbed me because there were 2 pairs of heels in the photo, and that gave me the idea for the caption. I remember being a female's room back when I was in my late teens, and wondered why she had literally 60 percent of her clothing on the floor of her room. I was pretty sure that she usually kept good care of her garments .. but this was a Saturday afternoon, and she had spent that last hour just trying on multiple outfits, and they all ended up in a pile as she kept trying to find something that "looked good" on her at that moment, and fit her current mood. Then she'd dig through her shoes to find something that would then match what she had chosen.

I literally have two pairs of shoes for the winter, a pair of black boots, and a pair of black sneakers. In the summer time, I have a pair of tan/brown sandals, and a pair of black sandals. That is what I wear. I mean, I have a bunch of Chuck Taylor converse sneakers, but I don't really break them out of their shoeboxes much anymore. It's just so much simpler to have those 2 pairs of foot apparel. 

I'm also messing around with fonts again. Wanted to break away from the current font for a bit and go back to one I used a few years ago. I tend to switch around from time to time. I'm sure I'll go back to the older ones soon enough, so enjoy this one while it lasts! If anyone wants to comment on which one they prefer, I am more than willing to listen!


3 comments:

  1. Oh dear only two fonts to choose and two types of shoe colors. You need to get the Red heels like Emma. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, trust me, I've tried MANY fonts. Think I've used maybe 3 or 4 in regular rotation. I keep coming back to the ones that work the best for me.

      My Chucks are all over the place in colors. I just don't really break them out of the shoeboxes very often because they are all now quite vintage and don't want to wreck them. If I had more shoes like Emma, I definitely would wear them out and about!

      Delete
  2. As something of a font junkie I noticed the switch to an older one. Not sure what that says about me., But I do love the shoes that the model is wearing.

    I hear you on the economy of choice though - I tend to have one pair of work shoes and one pair of trainers. That's all I own. I used to own walking boots but the last winter but one did for them finally after, ooh, twenty years. Huh. Maybe they needed to be replaced. Mind you, I do have three pairs of shoes for dressing... Plans are (ha) afoot to increase that selection.

    ReplyDelete