Wednesday, May 5, 2021

Ms Mentia and Her Family Is NOT to be Trifled With!

I'm hoping that you'll find this is NOT your average TG caption! Come inside and see ..

If I have swerved you even the tiniest bit! That Dee Mentia lady is quite something, isn't she?

There is a certain irony here, as I was writing something up for Vanessa (Vanilla Thunder, look for her blog in the right hand column for her blog) as a caption, and then when I looked at her preferences afterwards, I realized that she is slightly younger than my real-life daughter (I had a child when I was quite young!) so what I had written wouldn't really work so I put that one aside and ....

I went looking for a new picture to give me some ideas, and I came across this one, having one of those epiphanies where you want to subvert the various tropes that have been established over the last 20-25 years of TG stories and captions, and that hopefully it will work on it's own.

So, I am hoping that even with that bit of a head's up in the write up, everyone was at least slightly shifted down a side path from where your mind had maybe even subconsciously went when seeing the picture, and where the first paragraph or two went. Ms Mentia obviously knew the situation, and how to rectify it so that her offspring would be set up for the future. Like mother, like child .. one way or another!

Please let me know what you think down below, as to if you saw this coming, and was it a big surprise AND did you enjoy it more with the twist, and did you like the ending? I haven't done a caption like this one in awhile, and so it made things even more interesting for Dee, the writer. Definitely looking for comments on this posting.

4 comments:

  1. Ah, see, even knowing you weren't going to play this one straight (is that even the right term?) I can confirm that I was surprised by the swerve. It's clever, subtle (in that it's unpredictable) and leaves a happy ending, what's not to like?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I was able to keep you off the scent of the true plot!

      After almost 2k posts here, it can be hard to still do that to readers, especially when they expect a Dee-vious plot twist!

      Delete
  2. I agree with Joanna....very subtle indeed....
    Don't you love it when the pic tells you the story....I've got one nagging at me right now....perhaps a future Matinee but it hasn't told me everything yet....
    You seem much happier of late and that makes me happy too!!!
    Kisses
    Kaaren

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you will come up with something at some point. You have such a vivid imagination that it's inevitable you'll figure it all out .. but yes, it's awesome when the picture just says, "This is what the story is here!"

      Thank you for saying that I am much happier. It does tend to shine through somehow. I miss my forever beloved person each and every day, but I've been fortunate that I have a few close friends and family members, and now on top of that, a romantic partner that give me some genuine joy daily .. and keep me on my toes!

      Delete