Saturday, April 3, 2021

Lacy Sees Her Shadow (and Reflection) This Easter Sunday ...


... and that means 6 more weeks of feminine apparel! Well, everyone can dream, right?


I knew that I wanted to make some sort of caption that would fit in with Easter, and I saw this image that would work with what I had in mind for Lacy as a trade caption on the Haven. Unlike many people, I will tend to work in current world issues and real life events into my captions, and it feels like we can see the light at the end of the tunnel now, with our first tentative steps back into a post-pandemic world .. so why not jump into it, heels first!

And it does seem possible now that there will be hope for a better tomorrow. The world has irrevocably changed, and perhaps with the challenges we've all faced (some of us more than others!) things won't seem as scary going forward. Perhaps it's steeled our resolve and we can fix the problems society faces with a smile and a helping hand. It's a good thought, and just maybe, we can make it happen!

I have one more post already written up, so that when I get my vaccine shot in a day or two, if I'm feeling like shit on a shingle, then I won't have to work too hard to create something when I'd much rather be laying down and resting. Feel free to check out the last few captions as well then, as I don't think they have had as many eyeballs on them as usual .. which also could the results of people heading outside due to some nice weather! YAY warmer weather .. BOO lots of rain!

And hope everyone had a Hoppy Easter! Remember that some bunny loves you!



3 comments:

  1. Even though I'm not religious I still kind of like the vibe around Easter...I like to see my garden coming back to life as my world is reborn...Although it's still dark outside I was just out on the deck listening to a lone bird singing...I whistled back to him and he was quiet for a few moments....I think I surprised him....or maybe I insulted him...I don't speak bird so I have no way of knowing....
    We will dress to the nines today....even though it'll only be us....and Stacy for our Easter lamb dinner....
    When I was young....and a boy....I hated Easter...although I got some chocolate I had to pay for it by wearing Sunday clothes even after we got home from our semi-annual trip to church...then my mother always made ham and potatoes....is there any meal in the world more boring than ham and potatoes?
    And really what could you do with ham? My old standbys of salt and ketchup wouldn't work here...the pineapple rings stuck to the ham only tasted like hammy pineapples by the time thay came out of the oven....
    Anyways I seem to have strayed off the subject here....I just opened a new bottle of Scotch and it's very good....
    Unlike Ron in your caption I don't mind missing the extended family...thatr always meant having to pretend to be a man....and as time has gone by. I'm not really that good at it anymore...
    And I'm glad that I don't need hair extensions....or acrylic nails...
    And I've also got a bathing suit picked out for this summer too...
    Sorry for the rambling....just felt like talking to someone and the whole world is still asleep!!!
    Happy Easter Dee....
    Kisses
    Kaaren

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem with the rambling! I enjoy having full comment sections and we all have those moments for Easter too. I'd always get jealous of the girls wearing their cute dresses with Mary Janes and white tights while I had to wear stupid button on bow ties and sweater vests.

      I never minded the ham, and I'm pretty sure my family will be eating that at their gatherings .. I wasn't invited because they knew I'd not show up for obvious reasons .. and I didn't even get a "well, if you'd like to drop in" call or anything! LOL I sort of miss them, but it'd be interesting to see the Trumpers vs the never-Trumpers debate.

      I need to start my Easter lunch food prep now. I did most of it yesterday, but I am making the mac and cheese fresh, so I only shredded the cheese last night.

      Hope you and Mrs. K have a wonderful Easter and enjoy your Scotch!

      Delete
  2. Great fun for Ron is in for the long haul :)

    ReplyDelete