Tuesday, April 6, 2021

Not Quite the Right 50 Shades of Grey!


You know how guys are when it comes to detecting the differing tones of the color wheel!


I am so glad that I saved the image that I am using in this caption, because I wasn't in the mood to caption it the other day, but just KNEW that I would be able to figure something out when I was more receptive to it's unique charms. Thank goodness I did save it to the dark-hives.

And the whole color wheel .. it is totally a female thing .. it's red or its purple, it's not plush pomegranate! But dee-vious Mistress Dee, she knows the score! This was just so much fun to write. I love the character dee-velopment I've had over the past 15 years or so I have been doing this captioning stuff. That I can be sexy and fun and groan-inducingly silly, all within the same piece just totally makes me smile! Thank you for letting me be myself here! That way I can pass the savings on to you!

This happens to be one of my favorite captions I've made in the last month or two, and hope that you like it a lot too. Let me know what you think down below, and I'll be back in a day or two with more. Stay safe and let's enjoy every color of the rainbow in all its glory!

9 comments:

  1. Oh, SO many men have never advanced past the VGA 16 color palette.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, that brings back memories! I remember the 16 color palette when writing programs for the Commodore 64 back in the late 80's!

      Delete
  2. When we moved into our house my darling wife wanted to change the "look" of the dining room....so off we went to the paint store....
    She chose a color that I can only describe as retina-burning mint green!!!
    I'm really not allowed to argue and I really didn't want to be put in my place in front of everyone in the store....but I did strongly express my views on the color.....but she wanted what she wanted so we came home with a couple of gallons and assorted rollers and trays and all the other stuff...
    I started painting early the next morning and by early afternoon it was done....just looking at it hurt my eyes!!!
    When I called her to tell her to come see...she hated it....she wanted to know why I had bothered to paint the whole room in this horrendous color....she told me I should have called her earlier to see how bad it was....
    So after a spanking we went back to the paint store where she picked a color I would kindly call, Monkey vomit....again I expressed my misgivings and again she ignored me and told me that this was going to work out just fine...
    It didn't....she hated this one as well...so back we went to the paint store for the third time in a week....this time we actually agreed on a very nice light pastel green....but I had to put a primer on to cover the earlier vomitous color....so in all I painted that room four times in a week...
    I'm just telling you this so you know that despite the unique female ability to tell the difference between multitudes of colors....it doesn't mean they're able to choose them wisely all the time!!!
    Kisses
    Kaaren

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness! Mrs. K making mistakes? Hmmm, that can't be! It must have been a lesson that you somehow needed to learn, or she was just trying to justify all the spankings you obviously enjoy getting!

      Isn't that why they sell small sample sized cans of paint, so that you can test it out on your wall without having to commit? Maybe you can go THAT route if/when you move!

      And I enjoyed your color name suggestions! Maybe you should talk to Pantone about renaming some of their swatch hues!

      Delete
  3. I love it, Dee! You're right, that attention to color detail is such a feminine thing, and I love how you made it the driving force behind the story. It's an unorthodox caption, but being so different is what makes it work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you loved it! My brain does tend to think about things differently, so I'm glad I was able to make it work!

      Delete
  4. Yes you can be sexy fun silly all at the same time. of course the colors of the rainbow are only a small set of the color wheel. Love the caption

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a richer palette when you allow and embrace more shades...

      Delete
    2. Now I'm wondering if there is ultra-violet tinted paints out there!

      Delete