Saturday, March 13, 2021

Something for the "Lady of the House"

 
Sometimes, you don't know what you are looking for until you actually find it!


Putting the Unreal in Real Estate! Or if not, then perhaps you can create that magic on your own! Here is a real interesting story . well, at least it is to me. Here goes.

I wrote this caption on Wednesday. Fairly standard caption I think. Not sure I need to explain it too much either. Maybe it should have been subtitled, "the customer is always right, and never insult your client, even if it's unintentional." So, right now, it's Saturday morning, and I am about to write up this post for a Saturday night upload, as I am doing a Zoom Party with some friends later tonight, and want to get this done ahead of time. Figured I would have brunch first, so I get to work on cooking some eggs for breakfast burrito, when the phone rings. I usually check the caller ID because I hate sales calls, but I'm awaiting a callback from a friend who just had dental surgery, so I answer the phone without checking .. and I get the annoying "bloop" sound, and someone asks, "Is the lady of the house available?"

I almost collapsed down to the floor. I immediately hung up, because I completely do miss my forever person and this is a reminder that there doesn't happen to be one here in the apartment anymore .. but I am intrigued by what the hell company decided that in 2021 .. there should be cold calling sales calls that are gendered as if we were back in the 1950's! I wonder what product they are actually trying to sell that they can't just focus on whomever answers the phone. I mean, unless it's feminine hygiene products, what could they be offering up?

Which is where YOU come in! In the comments, tell me what they were selling, and why they were asking for the lady of the house .. and what they would do to make sure they could secure a sale! Or just talk about the caption itself, since it's a blog exclusive!


2 comments:

  1. Hey, you should have told the caller you were the lady of the house. If you live alone, you are the man AND the lady of the house. And technical males have been known to slip on a pair of heels and a skirt to cook dinner....


    ....and available.... well, maybe not, and maybe it is open to negotiations....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I was in 'Dee' mode at the time, perhaps, but just the fact I would be engaging with them would put me on a "call-back" list, and I really don't want / need any superfluous phone activity.

      If it was a magic user looking to convert me into the actual Dee, then they should know how to reach me .. and that isn't by phone! LOL

      Delete