Monday, February 1, 2021

Karen's Orange Bird .. an Insta-Caption!


When you get inspired, and quite emotional, you just do what you do best!



The comment I received this morning from our sweet sister Karen in the post about Rachel's death .. it really affected me profoundly, and I thought about it through the day as I was working (from home, as we awaited a storm that took forever to whip itself up!) so when I was done with the things that needed to be done, I wanted to revisit what she had written to see if I had something I could work with, that would both honor Rachel, and also bring light to some of Karen's poetry.

Let's hope that I did both parts equal amount of justice to the task I undertook.


We shall be back to our regularly scheduled programming in a day or two .. I promise!

2 comments:

  1. This is so simply, inexpressibly, huggably lovely, Dee! :D

    Your cap is exquisite. I think it deserves a post on Haven, if you haven't posted it to Haven already. I'm a little too self-conscious about my poetry to broadcast that itty bitty thing to our Haven sisters just yet, but do you think I ought to? Inspired by your musical bent, sis, I have started to set it to music, but my musical notes are still a bunch of nonsense compared to what you could conjure! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful work. Kudos to you both for the sweet tribute to dear Rachel.

    ReplyDelete