Tuesday, January 5, 2021

On the 12th Day of Christmas .. I Had an Epiphany!


I am going to hell, aren't I? Well, come along with me, fellow (umm madam?) bitches!


For those not in the know, January 6th is Epiphany, aka the 12th day of Christmas, when the wise men showed up and gave the Baby Jesus some gifts. I actually have a few friends that don't give gifts out on December 25, but wait until January 6th to exchange 3 gifts each. No drummers drumming there!

So I took some of my catholic school upbringing into this caption, and you are now all the better for it! Yeah, I did NOT tread lightly here. I've always been a bit of a blasphemer to be honest. No sacred cows here .. lets grill those bastards up, though I think medium rare is best way to go.

Anyway, the caption includes some reference of hymns that involve Epiphany. If you have a Christian religious background of any sort, you might recognize some of them. In for a penny, in for a pound is the expression I believe. Might as well go over the top .. though it looks like she'll be on the bottom for the time being, and which one of those three wise men were black? At least one, from what I've heard!

So, I hope that no one is offended too much, and if you, come back soon and I'll have something else that you could be shocked at reading. I'm like the New England weather .. don't like it, wait an hour or two and it will change. Same thing goes here.  Please comment below! You know you want to!


People tend to forget this Weezer song. It's epic!

6 comments:

  1. Mmm...sacred cows turn into sacred grilled beef with Korean Gochujang sauce, and deliciousness wins over political correctness ever day of the week...yum! :) She seems to be accepting the facts regarding the bun in the oven, however. I'm still waiting for the day when you will add U2's (1987) classic song "With or Without You" to your playlist, sista! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ummmm, I like my U2 pre-Joshua Tree, Sweetie!

      I love to eat meat .. my body though, does not!

      Delete
  2. I admit, I've pretty much forgotten everything about my Sunday School upbringing (it was strongly suggested I stop attending as I questioned everything and liked to 'test' the truth of certain practices), but I can still appreciate a little erotic blasphemy.

    Of course, if this story had been in the bible, then I'd be the most damn pious girl you'd ever meet. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. I was raised Catholic, went to Catholic school and everything, and was taught by nuns. I'm guessing that is a good reason why I'm NOT particularly religious now!

      Delete
  3. In the sixth grade I asked Sister Pacifica (I swear that was her real name) if god was everywhere why did I need to go to church to pray? Wouldn't praying in the bathroom be just as effective?
    Her answer was several quick blows to the head and face and then she said something that I still remember...one of the very few things I remember from my religious instruction...
    She said..."God doesn't look while you're in the bathroom!"
    That actually gave me some comfort as I was on the cusp of puberty and the bathroom was the only place in the house with a lock on the door!!!
    By the eighth grade I can honestly say that the nuns had beaten the religion out of me!!!
    And honestly....I would love to have three men show up with gifts....I don't care how wise they are!!!
    Kisses
    Kaaren

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wrote some of this with you in mind, as I remember you saying something like we are sisters in bashed knuckles. Luckily I escaped in 2nd grade, so I didn't have to worry about the sinfulness stuff.

      I only had to be catholic until confirmation, and then I didn't have to do anything afterwards. Other than a few funerals, I haven't been to a regular service since then, and I'm fine with that.

      Delete