Sunday, January 3, 2021

"Freaky Friday .. Night Lights!" on D!sney+


Why not mash-up two different franchises in the best way I know how?!? C'mon inside!


Honestly, the title for this caption only came to me as I was writing up this blog post, but it really fits it 
so well, and if I had the title first, I wonder if this would have changed the plotline at all. Probably not!

Since it's "Bowl Time" for the NCAA, I knew this would be a good time to make a football caption .. even though I hate college sports. Wasn't a fan of my own High School teams either, unless I was playing .. especially football .. as us athletes that weren't on the football team were always given the short end of the funding and everything else. For instance, the football team got 3 buses to travel to game .. the soccer team got 1 bus, and crammed both the varsity and JV teams onto that one bus PLUS our equipment! Damn glory boys! Hell, that year, the football team one ONE damn game, while we cam in 2nd for the school conference! But nooooo, they got new uniforms, one home and one away, while we had a reversible jersey that you turned inside out depending on where you played the game! No, I'm not bitter in the slightest, right? HAHAHA.

Another thing I just noticed as I was posting, was I think the name of the team is the "Cowboys" or something close to that. It certainly looks like "-oys" at the end, and that brings a bit more irony to the plot I think, that Lexi is not only in that body now, and thriving, but even represents a team with "boys" in their moniker.

Anyway, I love captions and stories where the points of view change, from being strong and manly, to very feminine .. and especially those where the new roles and bodies tend to take over, and those compulsions overrule their old thoughts. I mean, what's not to like about, say the new Lexi being all, "I can't believe I just blew him! But OMG, I love it when he makes me feel like a real girl," and 'John' is thinking, "No wonder he wanted me to do this all the time. I love the power and how intense this all is! Its like I'm marking my territory when I came on her face!" The entirety of their lives flipping around is a great thing to read, and fun to play with too.

And, I do ponder about what exactly happened. I left it open on purpose, because it wasn't necessary to that moment in time .. but I'm guessing they tried to figure out the how and why, and maybe WHO put them in that situation. I mean, it could be another football player or cheerleader .. a geek or witchy goth in the school, or maybe payback for something they both did wrong .. or maybe SHE did it, or hell, maybe HE did it. I can't imagine that they were both complicit. Maybe it was a wish gone wrong? Like, "why doesn't (s)he understand what I go through?!?" Why don't you tell me down below?

Few non-caption thoughts to talk about. I checked out the page hits / views .. and I find it weird that once the holiday captions started coming .. the page views dropped in half. Normally, I'd think that there's a bunch of people traveling, going on vacations, etc .. but I mean, this was December 2020. Were there that many people going against the ground rules and flaunting conventional wisdom about the pandemic in general? Right after Christmas, the non-holiday captions went back to the usual amount of views .. and then it's back down again to Christmas levels. Just interesting data I guess, and something to file in the back of my mind for later pondering.

I'm still also looking for some ideas on how to expand the blog a bit, so please do offer your thoughts on things you'd like to see .. like tutorials, reviews, subjects I haven't discussed yet, topics for captions that might be under appreciated .. complaints or need to bitch about what I'm doing? Right now, I'm all ears, which makes it hard to walk normally through a doorway, but I'm doing my best! LOL Vent away!


16 comments:

  1. Very cute! It's always fun to see the personalities invert and I love a good bodyswap story!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it doesn't really establish any sort of new ground, but there's a reason why some tropes keep being used .. because they're awesome!

      Delete
  2. Probably haven’t said this before, but I absolutely LOVE cheerleader captions. If I’m bitter about anything it’s that I wasn’t a girl in high school and didn’t have a chance to be a cheerleader. Anyway, have nothing really to add about your blog accept keep up the good work! I’m terrible at commenting but I’m trying to bring more of more real self out of the shadows so that might increase my community involvement.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, thank you for saying the nice things! I hope that you can continue to evolve and grow to come out and play with us now and again!

      Delete
  3. You those stories, that if you could change places with another person. Could you or would And when it happen both of you follow out that, your better as the other person. And you both decided to be the each other.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, swapping places, but really acting like them, regardless of how you would prefer to behave, is something I'd definitely be into, at least for a little while!

      Delete
  4. I'm thinking he had big game day jitters, so bad that he hid in the cheerleader's locker room rather than take the field. His girlfriend came to console him, told him she wished she could take the field for him, and *poof* problem solved. I imagine there was an even bigger moment of stagefright when he realized he'd have to go out and cheer, and that's when they realized the key was not thinking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is definitely something I hadn't thought about when making it, but it does set things up nicely. Do they return back to the way they were though? Would the new John want to? It'd be an interesting dilemma is "he" wanted to stay as John, but the new Lexi didn't want to be Lexi anymore.

      Delete
  5. Sweet sis, I lived for a good number of years in Texas (believe it or not), and I was for a time also a flute-playing member of the HS marching band down to the striped pants! :) So I know intimately about the setting you evoke in the cap. "Boy" or not, "girl" or not, the simmies of your cap both face the same quandaries and discover their own loves, and the scene implies happiness at the end, like it should be. I luv the dichotomy. ^^

    But more substantially, to address the relative drop in hits, it is not from any fault of yours. A glance at the nationwide response to crisis tells all that need be told. Your queries for a much bigger audience would demand a much bigger engagement, which exists only on the fringe of things. Let's get used to the idea of fringe; but rather than taking that as given, let's do small parts to make "fringe" mutter-matter and matter more!:D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, High school and College football, and cheerleading too, seem to Texas' second religion. I live in New England, in and we really couldn't care less about any college football, and only marginally like college basketball. Only college hockey is somewhat big, and that seems to center mostly on the Beanpot Tournament, and then the Frozen 4.

      And yes, the dichotomy is so much fun to play around with!

      For the drop in page views, it didn't concern me too much, because I was still getting comments, which is what I love to see. It was just interesting from a strictly statistical standpoint .. literally dropped 50 percent from the last "normal" caption and stayed there until the first "regular" new caption came along, and then went right back up to the old page views. People who are into SEO and such would probably get a big math boner from looking at it closer!

      Delete
  6. I don’t get football, soccer yes, although not an avid follower or a great player, but I do like cheer costumes. Body swap captions are always fun. How many times in life do people say, well if I was ... I’d ..., so is really great fun when it’s gender too and they previously had no desire hence all the new mishaps that can occur then their slow realisation they like their new selves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you hit it squarely on the head why so many of us like the premises of body swap captions .. and I'm sure that everyone has either been envious or curious as to what others are thinking when they act the way they do.

      Delete
  7. Oh, one must always watch the ears..... especially in a room with a ceiling fan.... and you are wearing bunny ears.... and heels... and are over six feet barefoot...

    ... ruined the WHOLE image.... don't ask.....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for the caption! I really like cheerleader captions. I was also a swimmer in my high school and college years, so if you could do one involving swimming that would be awesome too! it could be male to female swimmer or coach to swimmer swap

    ReplyDelete