Friday, January 1, 2021

First Caption Posted in 2021 .. It's Sweater Weather Out There!


Ironic that now, "you'll catch your death out there," has now been relocated indoors!


And I think it's long overdue. That old wives tail that you catch a cold due to cold weather was proven bunk many years ago, but those old wives kept harping on it. Yes, there is a tiny smidgen of 'truth' in it that perhaps shivering and stressing out your body in the cold weather could bring down your resistance like maybe 5-10 percent .. but it's bacteria and viruses that get you sick! At least THAT might be the one good lasting effect of the previous year .. that people sort of understand how exposure works, and the best way to not get infected is to not be in an environment where the particles will thrive, and aerosol molecules impact you through its viral load.

Anyway, long story made longer by my elaboration .. cold has no impact on getting sick .. end of story!
But that does lead to the beginning of this caption. I loved the fact that she is wearing a turtleneck, but literally nothing below her upper thigh. Now THAT is fashion sense, and not common sense!

Throw that revelation in, add the old wives tails that my mother and grandmothers would keep repeating, and finish it off with my aversion to sweaters (and anything with collars!) .. and it adds up to this caption.

I always try to throw in things that are relatable to me, and hope that they are generalized enough that they make a connection to others that read them. And in this case, I'm sure that everyone had some relative tell you the same thing I echoed in this caption. Plus, I threw in that topper about clean underwear. I know quite a few EMT's, and not one of them has ever said, "the horror! dirty underpants!" 

So on that note .. Welcome to 2021, population me. This year, I am gong to try to adapt and evolve as best I can, and make the best of the circumstances I've been dealt. Won't say that I won't be depressed or sad .. or anything else really. I am going to take it day by day. But I am going to try to rise above it all, with grace and move forward, while also honoring the past, and all those who aren't around to continue my journey. That is that way that it has to be, and I hope I'll have your support as I embark on the rest of my life .. living it as best I can, for myself and the loved ones I still have around.

Do stick around! I have no idea where I'm going, or the adventures that I'll pursue. Let's all be the best we can be .. our best selves, starting today. That is what we deserve. So sayeth the Dee!

************

The slates have been wiped clean, and we start fresh .. what would you like to see this blog accomplish in 2021? I want requests, demands, ideas on what people would like to see. Raise your voice and be heard! Question everything!


8 comments:

  1. Cute dress! Maybe some patterned tights if it’s a little cold outside. Happy new year Dee!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year to you as well! If I had a body like that, perhaps I would wear a sweater dress too!

      Delete
  2. It's not just old wives Dee...my wife still says this to me all through the winter....but she doesn't understand why I still wear skirts in the cold weather while she wears her jeans....flannel lined jeans at that...that's so hot...but not in a good way!!!
    I'm one of those people that isn't really bothered too much by the cold....I never was...but at the same time I can't take the heat....too much heat drives me indoors or into the pool...
    I like the pic...although the sweater looks really itchy....but then I'm always a little itchy one way or another!!!
    Glad to read your thoughts on the New Year and going forward...sounds like a plan to me!!!!
    Watch out 2021
    Here we come!!!
    Kisses
    Kaaren

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. I am almost never bundled up. Usually wear a 'winter' hoodie when it gets below 20 degrees. And if it gets really cold, I will wear tights under my jeans .. but that is for fun as well as comfort and warmth.

      My GF was much like Mrs. K in that she was often very cold, and to her, I was a polar bear. I gave off lots of heat that would keep her warm. We had separate sheets because I'd have like one sheet, and she'd have flannel blankets and quilts and ear muffs! That was one of the secrets of our relationship .. we never had to fight over covers or anything!

      I also cannot stand warm weather. You can only get so naked out in public before people bitch! And often there is humidity as well that goes along with it. I have the AC on starting somewhere in May (and I live in New England!) and usually have it running until around Thanksgiving.

      Happy New Year!

      Delete
  3. Welcome to 2021, Dee, and here's to a happier, healthier year of healing (and, yes, socially distanced hugs).

    As someone who loathes pants, who gets comments on the inappropriateness of my attire every day from Nov through Feb, I 100% identify and approve of this message! I have a drawer full of shorts, a half closet full of skirts, and a fun collection of tights and yoga pants, but exactly 1 pair of slacks. I used to be a comfy hoody kind of person, but I've stocked my closet with several lovely sweaters over the last few years, and they do give such a confidence boost!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I am glad that you've embraced sweaters .. I'm still not having any of that! I have pictures of a few I had to wear when I was a teen because "moms"!

      My boss and I usually have a contest to see how long into the fall we can go without wearing pants .. usually when the first snow hits in December is when we reluctantly throw on some jeans. That is what happened this year.

      Must be nice though when you have a job though that lets you wear skirts to work when you aren't "out" or anything! Keep living that wonderful life of yours!

      Happy New Year to you sweetie!

      Delete
  4. I want to jump on the bandwagon that I love those little sweater dresses. There's just something about long sleeves and a tiny skirt...

    Happy New Year! Wishing you wel.l.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I hate sweaters, but if I looked like that, I probably wouldn't mind them as much!

      Happy New Year to you as well!

      Delete