Friday, August 28, 2020

Door to Door .. Lingerie Saleswoman?


A cautionary tale .. That COULD happen to you! Though it probably won't happen to you!


But you can always dream, right? The only salespeople i get to my apartment door are those looking to get me to change energy providers. Seems like a pretty shady outfit .. and if someone shady comes to my door, I want a pretty outfit out of it!

This was a fun one to make for KarenSue, who just recently came back to the Haven, after some sort of mishap with her laptop.  From a Man Cave to a Hen Den, in just one afternoon!

I hope everyone likes this one. I know the last post was a bit of a downer, but I am not going to sugar coat my moods. So this caption is much more chipper and colorful. Let me know what you think about it, and if you haven't checked out the last two posts, please do. I have a feeling that the hurricane, and maybe the RNC convention might have placed a damper on people's caption viewing time .. so this is the weekend for escapism. I am going to (hopefully) get a lot done here in the apartment and that will make the next few days feel eventful. Next week is Labor Day (4 day!) weekend, and I really don't want to spend too much time on chores and such, so I need to make a big push so I can just chill out in 6 days without stressing anything.

So let's spread some joy around, and some happiness too. And of course, if that salesperson shows up at your door, give her all of our addresses, so we can expand our wardrobes!


First Van Halen record I ever owned. Story goes that David Lee Roth saw a lingerie model I believe, and taped her picture to his TV and wrote the song from there.

8 comments:

  1. Dee, are you still up? I like the caption and would like to chat, if you are able to do that. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I sent you a hangout invite last night, but went to bed after 15 minutes or so. Glad you liked the caption!

      Delete
    2. That's okay! It's actually good that you have good bedtime habits (early to bed, early to rise, makes a gal beautiful :). I accepted your hangout invite and look forward to having a girl-to-girl chat when your schedule permits. But since it's late in the evening now, I don't wanna impose.

      Delete
  2. Hi, Dee! I've been a horrible friend lately, but getting back into the swing of things. LOTS of stuff happening in real life, but all of it good. I kind of wonder if my wife has been reading Kaaren's blog, to be honest. LOL

    I love this, and I could tell that saleslady the exact same thing without a twinge of irony. Bring on the hen den. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you are having a good life, and yes, I do miss you terribly! If it is ANYTHING like Kaaren's, you need to spill the gossip, gurlie! Drop me a line or two and make me drool with envy! LOL

      Not sure I have that much to spend on lingerie, but I could drop a few shekels if they gave me a body like that to match!

      Delete
    2. Okay, you asked for it . . . just sent your and Kaaren and LONG update. :)

      Delete
  3. Van Halen in the middle of the day? I'd prefer Metallica or Nirvana or the Rolling Stones (go Eighties and Nineties! :) But I am sorry for your loss and for your continuing grief (as expressed in your last few posts). I did listen to Ricky Gervais and appreciate what he said. Still, nothing can take away the pain of losing the love of your life. Mourn her, as she should be mourned, but she would want you to to be creative as all hell in her honour. ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen. It's been a rough weekend. I think I am better during the week when I have work and other things to do. The weekend's were always our time together because of our work schedules during the week. Doesn't help that I am self-isolating due to Covid, so I don't get to see many people face to face.

      Delete