Wednesday, July 29, 2020

Acting Your Parts .. Exactly As Written!


Sometimes, from mistakes flow a much better solution!


Well, I was looking over past captions I've done in July, and this one came into my radar .. done back in 2015. Quite a few people commented on this originally, but most of you probably don't remember this meta-caption .. and for everyone else, it's new to you!

Here is what I had to say, probably slightly edited so this post isn't too long .. that's what SHE said!


I had an idea based on a comment I made earlier in regards to the amount of captions that Dawn (Commentator) makes, that perhaps she has a factory out in Bangledesh helping keep up the production. It was a bit of fun, and her response was fun as well .. picturing Minions making captions brings me MUCH joy! I then thought about how we'd make them in the real world, if only we had some magic to help us out .. and BINGO! I had myself a sweet little meta TG caption ABOUT TG captions. What more could we possibly want?

All I needed to do was find a crappy ass caption to interrupt, and then I thought back to something I started a week or two ago perhaps .. the very caption you are seeing up above. I am a bit embarrassed to say that what is in my regular font was pretty much what I had written, though tarted up slightly .. very slightly .. to make it a bit more cheesy .. like dipping a slice of cheese pizza into a bucket of melted Velveeta. I hated it back when I wrote it, but left it there, figuring, "I can't write anything WORSE than that, right? Perhaps I'll come back and overhaul it, or just start over. Id nothing else, I'll use it as a caption setting for a future DIY Challenge!"

I am so glad that I kept this, as it would've probably been harder to WRITE something this crappy, and it wasn't fair to the source picture, other than what I wrote came from what I saw, plus the whole confederate flag controversy rolling around my head.

But now I had my conceit. I would have Kimberly be an actress, appearing in ALL the captions that we on the Haven wrote, as if each caption was a movie with a director, actors, set designs, etc .. The framing device is hopefully something that people will enjoy, and hopefully redeem myself to you all instead of having you think I fell off a captioning ledge into the abyss of suckitude! I should now be known as the, "Environmentally Safe TG Captioner" since I am able to recycle, and my captions have been dolphin safe since 2009 or so.

"It's such a fine line between stupid and clever," as David St. Hubbins would say!

People had some good comments too! The best was from Ian, whom I am hoping that everything is ok with him, as I don't think he's been around here for a few years now. Hey Ian! If you are around still, please drop us a line!Anyway, he said, "Erm ? so its a caption about someone writing a caption about somebody staring in a caption by someone else?"

I think that probably sums it up better than anything I have said. Please comment below .. again!


4 comments:

  1. There are no small parts, just small actors. Now suck it off, um, UP, suck it up.... !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like the New England weather, if you don't like your situation .. wait a minute and it's bound to change!

      Delete
  2. I just love it....
    I was just watching an episode of "Rick and Morty" and they were in a simulation inside a simulation in a simulation
    Kisses
    Kaaren

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I don't doubt that. I think Rick and Morty is probably better understood while high, as you KNOW the writers were indulging when they wrote the episodes!

      Delete