Wednesday, June 24, 2020

Pretty, Pretty Please!


If you ever, ever feel .. like you're nothing .. You're fuckin' perfect .. to me!


You're something special. You know that, right? No one else can be you, and it wouldn't be fair to them to even try. You've got gifts that deserve to be shared, whether with a few friends, or with the world. Don't let materialistic needs or wants get you down, nor the superficial bullshit that we think is so damn important. It isn't. Everyone has there place in the world, and sometimes it is hard to find our way and figure out what it is we are here for. But you must not give up. There are many holes in this world, and in our lives, that cannot be filled .. please don't add to those vast empty spots that need your essence to keep life's fabric from tearing into more pieces that cannot be mended.

Each particle of sand contributes to the beach that contains it, and keeps the waves from eroding the shore. And every single piece is unique. The action of the surf affects each piece of sand in a different way .. just like our experiences make us who we are, whether it's a negative or positive, it imparts us with something that cannot be duplicated. And every part of us is essential to the overall world.

So if there is something you cannot deal with, please reach out and get some help, and guidance. There are people that are there to help you hold your own against the tide, which also has its ebb and flow. While we are all different, there are things that are universal and eternal. Things than can be conquered if they are divided and shared. There is nothing that cannot be too much for all of us to bear, if we bear it all together, and support each other.

And if someone reaches out to you, please give them an open hand and an open mind; not a back hand and a closed heart. Raise them up and hold them there when they aren't capable at that moment in time. You never know when the tide will knock you down.

Remember your flaws are only a hindrance if you let them.


My GF just adored Pink, and it is one of the reasons I used this song in the caption.  Sometimes she let people get to her, and she KNEW they were trying to, and it would bother her. "They don't have to like me, but I wish they'd just leave me alone." would be a recurring question to me. But she'd crank this song and it would make her feel so much better. "I'm sorry that I can't be the person you expect me to be." is something she learned to say to others that tried to make her live up to their misguided expectations, especially her mother. And I would always be there for her, and tell her, "You're fucking perfect to me." and she'd give me that smile, and things we be good. So I wanted to do the same to all of you reading this. Please don't ever feel that you are less than fucking perfect!

4 comments:

  1. Very nice Dee....as someone who wrestled with my demons.....I let them almost win a few times....I wish someone had said this to me back then....but I fought and won on my own and then I got help from the woman who shares my life....
    I hope everyone reads this and takes it to heart!!!!
    Kisses
    Kaaren

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am hoping so too. Things have been so fucked up this year. I can understand the impetus to give up and give in. I have weathered the storms in the past, and I believe I can do so in the future too, even when I don't have my co-pilot with me in person.

      I just hope that everyone goes to find help if they need it. The mental health stigma is hopefully dying out, and it's not taboo to talk about anymore.

      Delete
  2. Those demons are loud, overpowering, obnoxious even, and they're hard to ignore when they're telling you the same things other people are telling you. I've had my demons, and I still have my naysayers (I nearly walked out on a family dinner last night), but it's the friendship and support of people like Kaaren and yourself that silences those voices and allows me to keep hearing the 'real' me inside. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry to hear about the family member. They can be the worst, especially if they know your triggers quite well.

      I am learning that I need to live my own life the way I want. I sort of did that before; but of course, with a forever mate, you make some concessions, and live to be a team where 2 = 1. Our struggles were my struggles.

      I just wanted people to know that they are loved. Even if it doesn't feel like it right now. I still have my fears about the future, but we should focus on things that matter, not superficial things that just get in our way, and keep us from seeing the big picture.

      Delete