Saturday, June 27, 2020

Much Sexier Than the Smoot-Hawley Act of 1930!


Who'd have guessed that The New Deal put so many people into fancy lingerie?


Honestly, did you EVER expect a caption based on the wide-ranging social policies of FDR coming down the pike on a TG caption blog? Well, inspiration comes in many forms, and this represents what came out of my brain when I saw this photo while searching sites for sexy pictures to caption.

I've always been a fan of history, and I enjoy going to museums when I can afford to get into them! It's a shame they price them so high, when there is so much to be learned from the past. Have you taken advantage of your internet connection to cyber-wander through some of the museums that offer online seminars? The Boston Museum of Science recently did one with drag queens in the Charles Hayden Planetarium. See, science can be sexy and FIERCE!

Anyway, I thought it was a hoot to whip this up, and have it star a friend of the blog, Sissy Kaaren, since she is a big-time commentator here. Just thinking of her heating up a can of beans over a half barrel, and carrying a big bindle filled with bras and panties makes me chuckle. Nothing like being a sissy cocksucker on the government's dime, right?

So, please do enjoy this bit of fluff on the weekend before the Fourth of July. Leave some comments below, and check in if you haven't left a comment in some time. I worry about everyone when they aren't leaving me notes here on the blog!


Originally, my thought was to post up "Casey Jones" by The Grateful Dead" but I'm honestly not a fan. Then I went to "Blood on the Tracks" album from Bob Dylan, and I really like this song.


Here[s a great cover of another Blood on the Tracks song from Concrete Blonde. Still one of my favorite bands. Johnette has such a wonderful, distinct voice, If you only know, "Joey" or Bloodletting (The Vampire Song)" then you need to search out so of their other music.

8 comments:

  1. I would've given everything up and became a hobo if I knew that would be the end result. Awesome cap Dee! I hope all is well with you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you enjoyed it sweetie.

      A few of the most recent captions were not my usual frivolity, and were more candid and serious .. I am not sure people like that, but this blog pretty much mirrors my moods, maybe not the current one, but whatever I was feeling at the time I wrote up the blurb that goes with them.

      My loved ones are sort of scattered around the area right now, but I do try to keep in contact with them, and actually had a picnic in a local park with my best friend and her boyfriend, despite the rain. They have REALLY big picnic tables so we were able to socially distance fairly well.

      I hope that you and your loved ones are safe, and continue to having blessings placed upon them. I am hoping that we have a great second half of the year, to make up for all we have suffered through so far in these first 6 months. My wish is for no more sadness for myself and those I care about, along with all my friends that read this blog. Better times are ahead, I'm sure!

      Delete
  2. I think we all know Kaaren's caboose could have won the war all on its own, but I do love the railroad idea. Why settle for hobos when you can enjoy the ho-bos. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It started without that caboose line, believe it or not. Originally I was going to go with a silly hobo name, but the caboose was a much better fit for it all.

      BTW, it's funny that your caption on Saturday .. wasn't for me, but fit me fairly well, with rock t-shirts and jeans .. and that other person shares my birthday too!

      Delete
  3. You know what Dee....I'm a history lover too.....
    You'd be more than welcome to share our Mulligan stew....and share your stories with all of us travelers....
    Kisses
    Kaaren

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely cap, you make becoming a hobo seem like a good idea.

    Sorry I haven't commented the last few months, but I am dealing with severe health problems. So alas you worrying about me was justified.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read your post on the Haven. I wish you nothing but the best sweetie!

      I replied there, if you wish to read it. I pretty much said that we are going to take back the rest of 2020 and make the last 6 months our bitch!

      Delete