Wednesday, March 4, 2020

This Is Literally .. The End! My Only Friend, The End!


This is from 2017. and not sure it's ever been posted here!


This is written quite in advance, as I went to see the Live MST3k show, with a retiring Joel Hodgson, well supposedly retiring from touring. (We'll see how that turns out.) But anyway, I won't have time to do this as I'm seeing the show on two nights (a different riff movie each night!) so I won't really be around. Hopefully this will post without my effort, of I'll get to it when I can!

I was glancing through the D'arkhives, and this one was made around 3 years ago. I thought it was a fun caption, and went to look it up here on the blog. I tried Zombie, Apocalypse, Horde, and even the keyword "Canadian" but I couldn't find anything. Even did most of the captions in 2017, and still didn't spot it. SOOOOO, maybe I thought it was too weird and/or funny to put up on the blog? Like when has that ever stopped me before?!?

On that note, it's been finally posted here, for the first time, or maybe the second?!?

For some reason, if it's a weird and/or funny caption, Canada is involved. Not quite sure. Probably good-natured ribbing .. jealousy of "Free Health Care" or perhaps my hatred for fans of the band, RUSH. THEY know who they are!

Just a bunch of fun, no matter what the caption says. I LOOOOOOVE Maple Syrup. Especially the American version of it.

Here's what I wrote about the caption in the original post on the Haven:

Something about this picture drew the story out of me the other day and I figured it would fit you pretty well, especially the look on your face.

Also, I love the fact that what other people consider "horribly wrong" in the first sentence or two finds a different meaning as the caption plays out .. It is all about perception.

If I was DeeJaying a mixtape to this caption, I'd start with "The End" by The Doors then veer towards the title track of the caption.

The title back then was, "It's the end of the world as we know it .. and I feel Divine!" For those who can't recognize the plot that well, it was back in 2017, when the world was so much more innocent and child-like .. well, we were freakin' out for all sorts of stuff .. that makes us long for those care-free days now, eh?

Olivia Lovely, who received the caption, said this, "Yeah the look on the face definitely says, "So what if we live in a blasted landscape? I'm a fifteen year old girl and can't, like, possibly care about that!" Such cute shoes too, even if they're not quite practical for running from zombies ;P I def turned on those songs a lil for my re-read and they worked great~ the REM fits so well because of the hodgepodge cavalcade of events that occur in the cap!""

And Felicia Hextus had the best comment, "Never thought I'd see a tg / ar / MOTHER EFFIN ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE cap in my lifetime"

Ain't THAT the truth! Write away about the caption and speculate why I never posted it here in the first place. Or wonder how it escaped my many tries to find it on this blog. See you Friday most likely, though I'll probably reply to most comments.


.. LEONARD BERNSTEIN!

6 comments:

  1. Those dang Canadians, eh? Bunch of hosers! I literally LOL'ed reading this:) Your ability to create such a calamity of errors on a world-wide scale is incredibly impressive!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I do say though that when I made it, I just took all the current controversies at the time; building the wall, trade agreement with Canada, Hillary's uranium deal, and trans people in women's bathrooms .. and weave it into a over-the-top silly yet satirical story filtered through Pop Cultyre. That is kind of my thing!

      And so glad you are back! You going to update your blog at some point? There's some spam comments you need to edit, and we need you posting again, and showing off those sexy legs!

      Delete
  2. Very enjoyable. Well the caption seems quite appropriate to allot of calamity in the world these past few weeks. Who knows what’s next.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Killer clowns from outer space? That's my guess!

      Delete
  3. I knew....somehow I just knew that if there was a zombie apocalypse that you'd have something to do with it Dee!!!
    And heaven help us there's almost no one left to fight off the Canadian hordes streaming across the border....of course they're doing it as politely as possible!!!!
    I try to breathe but the smell of Maple Syrup and death is everywhere!!!!
    Nothing left to eat but poutine!!!! There's just no point in going on....

    Loved this one Dee....I really enjoyed it very much!!!!
    I didn't even know Joel was touring with MST3K....what movies did they play?
    Was TV's Frank there? I've got a thing for TV's frank!!!!
    Kisses
    Kaaren

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, Rachel has always said that I"m to blame for everything that goes wrong on the Haven, so I resemble that remark!

      "I love the smell of bacon and maple syrup in the morning .. it smells like victory!"

      The MST tour was Joel and some new people, none of whom have been with the show before, but they did a sort of Japanese puppetry where the puppeteers wear black clothing, so you can't really see them.

      They tour with 2 films and usually alternate between them. "Circus of Horrors" which is a British film that briefly stars a youngish Donald Pleaaance. The other is a martial arts movie called "No Retreat, No Surrender" that starred a young Jean Claude Van Damme, that pretty much rips off The Last Dragon, Karate Kid AND Rocky IV, with the ghost of Bruce Lee being involved in training the titular character.

      Even though Joel is only early 60's, you can tell the touring is getting to him and I can't see him doing much more. The last show is this Sunday. Fri & Sat in New Jersey, and on Sunday, a show in Maine.

      And sorry, but there was no TV's Frank there. I have seen Tv's Frank live with Trace (Dr. Forrester and original Crow) as "The Mads" where they riff on movies and take questions from the crowd. They've even done "Glen or Glenda" though I wasn't there for that night.

      Delete