Thursday, March 12, 2020

Mentia's School for Ex-Boys Graduates the Class of 2020!


Who wants to learn about my various personas? Dissociative identity disorder much?


First off, here's one of my many personas, Mistress Dee, here in my head mistress mode. Who doesn't like to impart discipline on those former males who have slacked through most of their lives? Strict and stern, but still supportive and kind when the situation calls for it.

I thought it would be fun to make a caption where it's a speaker talking to a group of different people all at a gathering. The picture is quite benign, but it's a nod to the person underneath the clothing that we wear. I ran out of space, but there is a guy in the very back on the photo, and I think his face is blurred out, but I was going to reference the "incoming class of 2024 .. they just don't know it yet! Well, now they do, but it's far too late for them to do anything about it!"

I don't think I have to explain anything else, right? I've offered the AMA (Ask Me Anything) for the rest of the week anyhow, so just submit your questions down below in the comments, as this is a blog exclusive, as I couldn't imagine offering this to someone on a caption trade.

On to the first question for the AMA! Chelle asked, "Your personas are very well defined, which I find very fun. How did they start out and how have they developed over time?"

Good question. I think I'll do my best to keep it from going 15 pages of text.

When I first joined the Haven, I had a second part of my "name" which, if you've ever emailed me, you'll see in that tag. So I was Dementia .. which was a spirit that had possessed me, and made me female. She herself was possibly 666 years old, which every year on my birthday on the Haven, I roll the birth year ahead one to keep my age at 666 .. and the running gag is it's like Jack Benny, who is forever 39 years old. A female demon is NOT going to reveal her real age, right?

Well, needless to say, it's hard to keep THAT up as a persona for very long, and people needed an actual name for me to talk with, so I went .. Dementia .. Dee Mentia! Why not?!? Makes sense!

And that worked for quite a while. BUT .. over time, Dee honestly became my female persona, literally just my male self Damien, but in female form. That worked in discussions and becoming friends with others online, BUT I would sometimes get these captions where Dee was doing things that are not congruent to who I see myself as .. as a person. "Dee exclaimed, "I can't WAIT to suck your dick!" is not something that I would knowingly say, and it was jarring to see it in print.

One of my preferences though was a "loss of power" but taking it to some of the extremes was not something I wanted to see Dee, the actual Dee that I am, act out in ways that make me feel odd. SO I figured that anything overtly sexual, or bimboish, submissive to men, etc .. would be Dee Dee. As time has gone on, and I've become more accustomed to sissy captions and more cross dressing than the magical stuff I used to do almost exclusively, Dee Dee can also be a sissy or drag queen name.

That way, people can still caption me, and I can read stories I appreciate, and possibly run through my brain as a scenario, without having a huge disconnect for myself .. and many others too who have come to see me as one of the few dominant creators in the TG scene. Right now, I'm thinking that Simone might be the only one still around doing that along with me.

I cannot tell you how many captions over the years, at the Haven, and now with other online friends with their own blogs, that have had ME be the instrument of change in their captions. I LOVE THIS, and I support anyone that wants to use me as a literary device, a la Sissy Kaaren and her Dee the Therapist series on her blog. To my thinking, it's another way to make the community grow and share a commonality. It's an absolute honor to be thought of, and "tributed" so to speak.

So whichever persona I am portraying at the time, know that I love them all. Maybe I will have another along the path I am leading. They've all grown organically, and that's the best way to be. I'm not the same person I was back in 2008, at least not in the TG community, and I'm grateful for those who have let me grow into the person I am now, and each identity contains a good portion of my DNA, regardless of what situation we put him/her into.

I am definitely looking for more questions as this was fun to do. Some point soon, I might go over some of my "in-jokes" or references that are unique to me, like the bench captions for instance. They will make sense to someone that doesn't recognize it, but have a special layer for those "in the know!"


8 comments:

  1. We alumni salute the new graduating class.....behind the old Leeanne Hall Dorm....we'll be waiting to congratulate all of you.....and what the heck.....bring the Junior call too!!!!

    So many persona"s Dee!!!!!
    I don't think I knew the original Dementia666 but I have learned to love the other persona's....I still remember the first time I included you in a post....I wasn't at all sure that you'd want to play with me but you did and I've enjoyed your company ever since!!!
    Thanks to all the various Dee's over the years.....I love each and every one!!!!
    Kisses
    Kaaren

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I assumed that not only were you an alumni, but also one of the professors for the gifted and talented" program!

      The Dementia was the original, and part of my "origin" stories, but it was mostly gone by 2009. Dee Mentia is who I became within a month or two of starting up on the Haven.

      And so glad to hear that you love every part of me! And I enjoy interacting with most of my fans/friends/peers etc .. Many people are shy, and hopefully I can bring them out of their shells, at least for a little while. The gregarious ones, like you, are so much fun to play with, and maybe that helps others be part of the community too!

      Delete
  2. Mistress Dee doing a public service in making sure these sissies have the skills they’ll need in the real world :p

    Very fascinating read! I didn’t know about the Dementia persona. I can see how that doesn’t give you a lot of room to expand on. Thanks for taking the time to answer Dee <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The last thing I want to see is a sloppy sissy. Keep the lines on the back of your stockings as straight as you can, and no wrinkles at the knee, even if you ARE giving head a few times a day .. and night! No excuses!

      And the fascinating read is only because you asked a good question that begat an interesting answer. Scary to think that I've evolved more a Dee than I ever have as Damien! That guy has pretty much always been the same.

      Delete
  3. First off, I love the caption . . . and I so so so hope I get picked "Most Likely to Do Whatever People Say, Even Other Submissives!"

    I love the intro/refresher into your identities. I've figured out or guessed most of it, but it's nice to read the reasoning behind it, so see how and why your names and identities evolved. I have to admit, I'm guilty of always putting you in a dominant position of being the instrument of change . . . I think it's time Dee Dee slipped into one of my captions (or one of them slipped into her!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed what ended up being a "vanity cruise" for my various personalities. Maybe the only safe cruise one could take right now!

      And I'm sure I'm not the only one that has done this. Most others in the TG realm are more likely to just "purge" their old personas when they don't fit anymore. I remember that you had another name that you used in older stories. Mine has just been more linear and a certain continuity about it all.

      As I mentioned before, I have no problems at all starring in other's works. I consider it a tribute and a nod of the cap to my presence in the community. On the Haven, I am fairly well known, so if I am brought up, there's a nice bit of shorthand to the plot that doesn't necessarily have to be filled in for the recipient and other readers. "Oh yeah, dominant gothy witchy type woman that takes shit from no one." And yes, I wouldn't mind being Dee Dee in a caption of yours, just check out my preferences so you don't do anything that I'm not fond of .. mostly the "no male organs present in the photo" rule, especially if it's near me. I mean, if I'm MAKING someone suck a cock, that's fine! Just needed to clarify that! LOL

      Delete
  4. Great cap. "Somewhat lile Professor Xavier..." Does that mean there is also a brotherhood of evil sissies? Or would that be a sisterhood?

    I've said it before, but it is one of the things I love about the Haven. We can all be who we want to be, in the way we want to. I guess how we present ourselves show also in the way we use our names. Like you and Jinny who have different names for the different sides of your personality. With Jilissa who became Jennifer Elizabeth it was a sign of her growth as a person, online as wel as away from keyboard. For Felicia who went from Felicia Hextus to Licy Biest, to start over. In my own case, the name Helena will always cover it because I went the Chaka Khan way: "I'm every woman, it's all in me."
    Of course there are more examples of the above, as well as different reasons why and how people use or change their names, but you get my drift.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I referenced Professor Xavier because the title was "Mentia's School for EX BOYS!" which out loud sounds almost like "X Boys" who would have later become "X MEN!" Glad someone sort of kinda noticed it!

      And yes, I feel like sometimes I'm trying to cultivate the blogger version of Rachel's Haven, but it's a noble goal I think .. and I've traded captions with each of those ladies so I agree that it's fun to track their evolution.

      Delete