Tuesday, March 10, 2020

Definitely Not Jake from State Farm!


I am so glad that Vypress has expanded her caption preferences. Now I know where to go ...



.. for when I have a specific idea in mind, especially when using pantyhose models in the captions!

It's always a good thing when I can find good looking women in photos wearing nylons and also pants or jeans. That lets me do a fun-filled "oblivious" plot with glee. I like them when their comprehension is just as the threshold of understanding exactly what is happening, but they are trained to ignore it, or push aside the ramifications of what is going on at that moment, and perhaps aren't seeing the forest for the trees.

And the zinger at the end comes from the "clueless" part towards the beginning. I love the 80's movie, Clue, based on the old board game, starring Tim Curry, Madeline Kahn and many other great character actors and actresses. I slightly modified the last line in the film for my purposes. In fact, I think I'm going to watch it when I'm done with this posting.

Another day of writing at work when you aren't sure what you want to post. I am hoping that everyone out there in foreign lands where COVID-19 is more advanced than the US at this point .. is doing well. You hear reports of entire apartment complexes being quarantined to the point where there are guards keeping everyone inside. That will be an interesting situation if that happens here in America. We've already got people bitching about the St. Patrick's Day parade in Boston being cancelled .. there are radio stations actively planning "alternative" parades on those same streets!

The paranoia is seeping in from both sides now, and I think it's worse than if we had the damn thing running rampant at this moment. Price gouging on hand sanitizer, toilet paper shortages, xenophobia and racism rearing it's ugly head again: and most people seem to be either fervently stocking up for a zombie apocalypse or running around looking to eat people's tissues to prove that it's all harmless for most people if you just wash your damn hands.

I know from wandering around with allergies / head cold over the last few days that people definitely give you a wide berth when you are out in public. Thank goodness no one asked me to wear one of those ineffectual face masks. I already look like a pariah, why not amp up the hostility factor! LOL

We are going to all have to get through this together, as a group of humans sharing a planetary ecosystem. Not just now, but once the summer is over and the threat once again looms on the horizon. I know that doesn't sit well with the non-globalists, but we need to be understanding and helpful to all the citizens of the earth, not just the ones that match the drapes. Lets hope we can do it with compassion and decency. Maybe I'm hoping for too much, but beneath this jaded individual, lies a heart that yearns to see a betterment to all society. I won't quit my day job though hoping for half the planet to hold the others hands and sing Kumbaya. Not with leaders like Cut-rate, Cut-throat Donnie leading the way.

So comment about the caption, or I am offering a AMA (Ask Me Anything!) until the end of the week, and I'll write something up either as a response to the comment, or perhaps go into more detail in a blog posting. Maybe there is something you wanted to know about Damien / Dee / Dee Dee and hadn't had the chance to ask beforehand. I'll try to be as truthful as I possibly can without revealing too many details about my real life.

I am not responsible for anything I write while I'm at work! I know not what I am writing, and I didn't review it at all when I got home!


Maybe the closest that Dave ever came to writing a "Nirvana" song, and it's rumored to be about the dear Courtney Love.Wonder why he'd write a tune like that for her? 

8 comments:

  1. Might just be my computer, but the image won't open up for me so it is hard to read the thumbnail.

    And the coronavirus panic is in full swing where I work. I'm a 2nd shift engineer and I'm getting questions daily about what we are going to do about the virus outbreak from my team. It's stressing everyone out badly where I am. My friend works at Sam's Club and says toilet paper is selling like hot cakes. And an AMA is a lovely idea! Your personas are very well defined which I find very fun. How did they start out and how have they developed over time?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not just you, Chelle - I get a broken image as well, but I was able to squint enough to read it from the preview image. ;)

      Fun caption, one that just gets more OMG as it goes, with a killer close that you do so well, Dee! Want to share that mixtape with us all, just so we can (ahem) make sure it doesn't do anymore damage? LOL

      And, yeah, that COVID-19 paranoia is ridiculous. Even though I know it's just another media moment, another manufactured panic, you can't help but be infected by the doom-and-gloom. I've been watching the news like a hawk because we have vacation planned at the end of the month, so we have to watch for travel bans and quarantines.

      Really, though, just wash your damned hands, cough into your elbow, and use some common sense! It's not the Andromeda Strain and it's not Captain Trips . . . although Trump could totally be Randal Flag. LOL

      Delete
    2. Should be all fixed now. I'll answer questions later on this evening.

      I don't think the COVID-19 is overblown, I think the response people are having is either WAY too underwhelming, or severely overwhelming. It's going to be an issue. I have no doubt about that. We shall see how society deals with it.

      Delete
    3. Where I work, I've been trying to get some supplies that have been horded big time. I was able to track down a few bottles of dishwashing liquid (@ Staples) that we are going to have to use in our soap dispensers, because the janitorial service ran out of all anti-bacterial hand soap. Same thing with hand sanitizer. Luckily we had ordered toilet paper 2 weeks ago so we should be good until the end of the month at least.

      Trust me, occasionally I have nothing to do while waiting for others to get their batch down, but driving to stores to source any sort of supplies is NOT really what I'd like to be doing!

      @ Chelle

      I'll be checking out your caps soon in my email. Also, I will answer your AMA question in the next post.

      @ Sally

      Well, check out some ASMR videos, while looking at bimbo pictures .. I am sure your subconscious will fill in all the details!

      and glad you liked the caption. You should view it again at it's normal size! I don't know how that happened! and for the plot, I just tried to keep piling on as best I could until I hit the mark!

      Delete
  2. Fun cap, I looked up what State Farm was, and who Jake is, but that was not needed for the cap:)

    I think that if the media had been more responsible in their reporting, people would take Covid-19 more serious, without panicking. If you take precautions you should take with the seasonal flu you get a long way.

    By the way, I know someone who loves conspiracy theories, and he believes that the virus was delibeately introduced by the Chinese government, to distract from the Hong Kong situation. He even found out that there is a biolab in the Wuhan area, the Wuhan Institute of Virology. Apparently it is near where the virus originates.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vypress had the same problem, and yes, it doesn't really have anything to do with the caption .. it's just around here, if you hear the name "Jake" people immediately say, "from State Farm?!?"

      We have quite a few people in the US that are big into conspiracies like that one you mentioned .. it was even brought up on the sports radio station I listen to on my way to work. Do I believe that one? Well, no. There are so many locations where toxic chemicals and other things we aren't supposed to know about are found in places you wouldn't think .. and we don't tend to know anything about the its existence until something happens or the place shuts down. It's a bit too convenient for one thing, and I can't imagine that they were like, "HEY! Lets infect the immediate area right next to where we all work!" Biker gangs talk about staying away from fights near their facility, thinking "You don't shit in your own backyard!" and I think that is the case there. Perhaps something escaped from the lab .. but I don't believe it would have been malicious, more of an "OOPS!"

      Delete
  3. Hmm, since AMA is still on (is it?), where did the name Dee come from, and when did it first appear? And why the image that you chose as your icon, Dee? Is there a back story?

    Another question might be: does Dee Dee ever sleep? ^^

    My Uni was just shut down because of this V thing. Personally, I feel that they are overreacting; far more people die of influenza (the flu) each year than from bugs like this. The key thing is not whether you get infected---the key is TREATMENT, which many people fail to understand. This bug is totally, totally treatable, and has much much less fatality than most people imagine. Everyone seems to be regarding it like it's the end of the world, but those with historical perspective would know that it is far, far less than what happened to the world in 1919 with the "Spanish Flu," which killed 25 million people globally. Okay, so that's me being nerdy; but being nerdy doesn't mean that I'm any less kinky, heeee. ^^

    Be safe, be well, and be happy, sisters. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be answering Chelle's question about my personas later on tonight, and the difference between Damien, Dee, Dee Dee, Mistress Dee and anything else that pops up. Working on it now!

      I sleep, not enough, but I do sleep. My back can hurt if I stay in one position too long, so no more marathon sleep sessions like I used to. I had been known to sleep 13-14 hours, or at least be in bed for that long, on a Sunday morning!

      I can tell you that the picture was just a random photo I found back like 12 years ago. I've never changed it here. On the Haven, I try to change it every year or so, though I had one model for like 10 years. She's since moved offline so I just pick something I like at the time, but still within my main persona.

      As for the virus. It's scary because it's 3-5 days before symptoms can even appear, and by then, there's a ton of exposure involved. Since many of the issues will be respiratory, we are going to have problems, as there are only so many respirators available, and if a wave hits all at once, there might not be enough machines to go around. I am worried due to my knack for respiratory illnesses (right now I probably have a sinus infection which they've told me not to bother coming in for because .. we are mostly dealing with COVID-19 issues) and one of my best friends has a compromised immune system. And it's serious enough that the NBA, MLB and NHL are all suspending the seasons for now. We have schools closing down on Monday, as are some churches. I hope that it isn't serious, but knowing a few people that are involved in infectious disease work, they aren't looking forward to what could likely happen. That isn't even getting into the law enforcement part with civil unrest possibly happening. Lets hope we can all get through this together with as little amounts of casualties as possible.

      And to prove I'm serious, my best friend now has my password and would post about me here if anything happened with this coronavirus outbreak. I care so much for everyone, I would want them to know if I wasn't able to continue this blog.

      Delete