Sunday, December 29, 2019

It's True! America Runs on .. A Great Shift!


Towards the end of the year, there's nothing more refreshing than a POV caption!


Made this one for Jay Seaver, who is a New Englander like myself. Therefore, I knew he'd have a background in the coffee wars in our area. Starbucks has done OK just about everywhere else, but around here, Dunkin Donuts is still the hometown cup of joe. I know a few roads where there is a DD on BOTH sides, so people won't have to cross over; and they are both cranking with lots of business. Cumberland Farms is a gas stations / convenience store that also does well because they are still they have pretty good coffee, and haven't raised their prices of any size for 99 cents in at least 12 years. And there are many local shops that only have one location, and they are all very popular too.

So, I figured it might be a bit of a shock for someone from the Northeast to be Great Shifted into a female body on the other side of the country. But I figured it'd be more fun to make it meta, and have the choice of donut shop be the worst part of the swap. And I think it does work better that way. I love the nonchalance vibe that Jay has, and connecting it to the Haven was a neat tie in too.

Looks like I have TWO New Year's Eve captions coming, so one on Monday night, and one on New Year's Ever proper. Well, if I can get them written up in time, I will do that. Maybe I'll do one on Tuesday and one on Wednesday depending on how busy I am in real life. Was sick for a few days, but that did give me a chance to make a few captions I probably wouldn't have had time to make otherwise. I'd rather be fully healthy though!

So where and in whom would you want to be great shifted into if you had a choice, even though you don't really? I guess it depends on how much of you is still in the new body and how much would be compulsions from the one you are inhabiting now, right? How much difference does that make to you? Would you rather be yourself as much as possible, or have to act for the most part like you are their replacement?


Last time I did a coffee caption, I used Black Flag .. so this time, it's Dethklok!

No comments:

Post a Comment