Tuesday, October 29, 2019

The Proliferation of the "Slutty" Costume Conundrum, in Caption Format!


Yeah, ummm. Super Mario fonts should not be used to make caption text! Lesson learned!


I mean, they creator of the font didn't even make exclamation points or question marks! WTF!

So, here is one of two 'Halloween' captions I will be posting. The other isn't quite a caption, but more of a lyrical setting that definitely fits into the TG realm. I had the idea for this one about 2 weeks ago, where the yearly discussion of "why all the 'slutty' versions of every character or pop culture reference for Halloween, even for tweens!" I can sort of agree, as I can't believe the number of French Maid costumes they have for kids under 12 years old.

So of course, I had to make a riff off of that whole discussion where I can see both sides. This was supposed to star the person that made a comment on the zero post from a few days ago. They didn't reply in time though, so I went with a default name. If at some point, they make their name known, I'll go back an throw them in here. No harm, no foul!

As usual, I probably won't be around Halloween night as we are heading to a Samhain ritual out in the woods that night, and travelling to a buddy's house to do it, so we are crashing there. I lost a direct relative since the last Samhain so it'll be a special time to remember her life in a meaningful way as we enjoy the feast and call out the corners with friends.

Feel free to talk about this blog exclusive caption, and how hideous the font is! Talk about your favorite Halloween experience, as a child, teenager or adult. Tell us about this year's plan or what you did over the weekend to celebrate with a party or night out clubbing. But do converse!


Jon Hamm's James Mason is a stone cold classic, and everything else works well too!

and for backstory, "Jon Hamm was originally supposed to play a drunken Dean Martin, but literally at the last minute Lorne Michaels suggested that he switch the character to Mason and Hamm nailed it live without ever having rehearsed it."

2 comments:

  1. I have watched with growing horror as Halloween slowly morphed into girls wearing slutty costumes....I mean.....that's what we sissies look forward to all year and now who's going to be interested in us when you've got nubile young girls romping around like this....sigh!!!
    So Dee.....going to celebrate Samhain in the woods are we....my goodness that fills me with all kinds of ideas....little innocents out in the woods on the night when the veil between this world and the next is thinnest.....
    I have to go search the 'net for something right now!!!!
    Kisses
    Kaaren

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can go an corrupt the youth! They'll need guidance anyway so why not teach them the right way to be slutty!

      And yeah! Those girls just dressing like sissies ONE day a year! How dare they! They need to be committed to dressing up like you all the time!

      Delete