Wednesday, October 30, 2019

How You Gonna See Me Now?


Are you gonna love the man, when the man gets home? Happy Halloween Eve & Day!


I really didn't go all out this year for Halloween captions. I am pretty sure I have a ton on this blog you could look up if you want to feel the spirit. A few weeks ago, I was listening to some sort of 5 CD compilation of Alice Cooper .. just one of those moods .. and this song came floating along.

It's nowhere near as popular as his "Muppet Show" ballads: I Never Cry, You and Me, and Only Women Bleed, but there is a real heart there, and it was written after he'd gotten out of an asylum, having a mental breakdown after his alcohol addiction got way out of control. But I was struck by how relatable it was to someone coming out to a spouse as transgendered. From there, I just placed it in a caption setting and chose an appropriate photo. Hey! I gotta be me, you know! It's probably how I would break the ice and try to start a conversation!

Please leave some tricks and/or treats in the comment section of this blog exclusive caption. I might have something up from the past for tomorrow night's celebrations as I head to Samhain with bad weather likely. We will still hold the feast, but more than likely set up a half barrel for the fire.


2 comments:

  1. I guess we have to thank mr. Furnier for his contribution to this lovely cap.
    Until today never considered this song as a transgendered persons coming out, but it does fit perfectly. There are more songs that would fit in our little community as a caption without changing a thing to the lyrics. Outside our community these captions would only be a pretty picture with the lyrics of a song attached to it, but here it gets a different meaning.
    Some time ago when I heard Taylor Swifts "Wildest Dreams" it struck me as a song that could be about a transwoman who found her love, but was left after her lover found out her secret.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed it! And that you saw the parallels to our community.

      I don't seem to recall that song by T-swizzle so I'll look it up at some point soon!

      Delete