Saturday, June 29, 2019

Breaking Through the Endless Cycle ... Cheer Them On!


You've got to rise above! Even more when it's your own flesh and blood.


Please read the caption first!

Wanted to post something that meant something special, especially with the end of Pride Month arriving. Hopefully all the rainbow stuff and LGVTQ+ acceptance postings I've seen will remain true for all those who posted them throughout the entire year. I originally posted this back in the beginning of 2016, and I hope it makes everyone think, for just a moment .. maybe just a few words of support can help someone in need understand that .. things can get better, and hopefully will get better. Actions speak louder than words, but words are better than being silent when you see something wrong. If you've seen this one before, hope you don't mind seeing it again, and if you haven't, it's new to you!

Here's what I originally posted:

Wanted to make a caption for tonight, with it being the college football national championship. It is a passion that is shared and passed down throughout the generations of fans. Along with that, many people also pass down their prejudices and biases, that go far beyond simple college rivalries.

With this picture, I originally was going to go for something that Annabelle's Family Traditions would post, as I've made captions like that before, and have fun making them, whether or not they star Annabelle. And the last few lines are definitely something she would have in her story.

I didn't plan on it being as dramatic as it turned out. I wrote the first paragraph and a half straight out, and was thinking along the lines of how Emilio Estevez' character felt with the pressure his father gave him, and made him do stupid things .. and how he would learn from it with his own son.

But the grandfather loomed large in my mind, and I knew there had to be some sort of confrontation, and that it wouldn't work like I wanted to, without one to seal Arnie's resolve.

But in my mind, I saw what happened to friends of mine in my youth when they disappointed their old man, and how angry and violent they became. I couldn't let it go at a verbal confrontation .. and I just had to let what I had seen out somehow  especially with Adrian Peterson in the NFC playoffs, and how he seems to not have an ounce of remorse for the whipping he gave his 4 year old son.

Something that has stuck with me over the years is how Henry Rollins hated to look in the mirror every day, to see him age to a point where he looked exactly like his father, whom he had nothing but disgust and hatred for all he was and all he stood for. At some point, he learned to deal, but I thought about how that might make the story even more poignant for Arnie and Brent's story arc.

So I went fully into finishing the caption, without any fear about it's acceptance. It was cathartic to write, and my adaption made it a much better storyline. I hope you agree. I will certainly listen to anything you readers have to say in the comment section, especially since it's a blog exclusive.



I think I might have said it before, but Henry Rollins is my male spirit animal. Black Flag helped me cope with some serious shit when I young, even though they had broken up by that time.

2 comments:

  1. My father was an abusive alcoholic who wished me dead on more than one occasion...
    I caught a few beatings from him over the years....including once when I came home from the hospital after being saved from making the ultimate mistake!
    I was told I was useless and weak for so long that I pretty much believed it....
    But I learned over time to make myself scarce when he had a snootfull and I learned that the way to hit him back was to grow up to be happy...
    I made sure he didn't come to my wedding....Mom was already gone by then...but I sent him pictures and a note telling him that I married a beautiful woman and that we were very happy together and had no wish to ever hear from him again!!!!
    I really hope that hurt him....but I doubt it....
    Sorry, but this cap triggered some deep down memories...
    Kisses
    Kaaren

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of the reasons I posted this is to remind people that not everyone is safe, and violence against TG people continues, especially within today's political arena, where it's seemed to be accepted instead of policed and prosecuted.

      I know many of my captions seem 'evil' or at the least naughty, but it still leans towards a happy ending. It does here too, but not without some pain and suffering .. and I guess that many of the visitors on this blog have gone through lots of incidents to get to their happy endings as well.

      And you are definitely worth it, and I'm so glad you got your "happily ever after" after a early lifetime of bullshit. I am sure it makes your redemption story all the more sweeter! Lastly, this planet is a much better place with you in it! Keep spreading the sissy love, like a sexy Johnny Appleseed!

      Delete