Tuesday, March 26, 2019

Who's Hotter Than Curry? Naan More than Wendy!


I  know it can be bad Korma (heh) to use other cultures in captions, but I didn't think I would offend anyone!


As KarenSue would say, "Is it possible for puns to get better? I thought they were, by nature, bad, which actually makes sense. Dee is good at being bad." Yeah, that's me!

I saw this picture and knew it could be for Wendygirl, and I knew I could do the culture justice .. wherein the only actual lack of respect probably came from the bridal shower, and that was more from not being exposed that much to the culture itself.

Henna is a wonderful art form, and when done right, accents a graceful nature and draws your eyes to hidden beauty. In other settings, it looks like tacky temporary tattoos. Alliteration is our friend!

And Wendy was appreciative about the caption.

"Just love the culture change and the picture you chose is so sweet. The combination of transformation, artistry and culinary metaphor is superb. Not sure how you conjure up such wonderful frameworks for you stories, but they work magically. And the ending where I am a work of art for my girlfriend is sublime. Definitely the henna maestro at work.Wonderful caption dear Dee, including so many different themes in one.Thank you dear friend! 
PS Your puns are getting better!"

I would have said, "Your puns are getting butter!" but I'm not Paula Deen, am I?

Want to tell me that my caption is completely Baingan? Or do these puns make you falafel? Either way, comment down below!


3 comments:

  1. Don't be sarri, might be korma that with penjabs has become a delhicate lady, and a maybe one day a mum bai the way

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a fun update! I admit that there's something about being turned into an South Asian woman that seems to resonate, so thank you for this one. Going to be interesting unpacking that in my sessions XD Still, appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I probably should learn more about the culture. Mostly those laughably horrible travelogues they used to show us in middle school where elephants were woven into whatever information they wanted to highlight.

      Thanks for hitting the back catalog!Glad you liked it!

      Delete