Saturday, March 9, 2019

The Downtown Beautification Committee Enacts It's Mission Statement!


Maybe it's better off that our government officials do NOT have magical powers!


Hmmm, and I saying anything political in this caption? Not officially. Some of my thoughts have bled through most captions I make, but other than to highlight that we need to do more for the homeless, many of whom are our brothers and sisters in the LGBTQ+ community.

This brings up the subject of gentrification however. Should we remove all urban blight? What happens when those areas get fixed up? ie. all the poor people are moved out, formerly affordable housing is torn down so that wealthier people can move in with a nice view and a close commute to 'the city' and the 'character' of the past is used as a selling point.

So I guess it is a good thing that the government does not have any sort of magical prowess that would give them even MORE power over the common people. I guess it is why I am curious to see Star Wars IX. Well, I was until I realized that J. J. Abrams was making it. If Rian Johnson would have been left to continue on his way from VIII, I could have seen the ultimate French Revolution styled rebellion ever put onto film, ending with them killing Leia. "Who died and made YOU a Princess?" Who wouldn't want to see galactic anarchy as stable boys and junk recyclers forced wiped every oppressor from the face of entire star systems? Perhaps I'm being just a tad facetious. I apologize!

Of course, I had to get a jab in at myself in the last paragraph so as to make sure I don't paint myself too seriously. Plus, people should use the word, "fuckery" much more often. Let's make that the word of the weekend, FUCKERY! Try to use it at least once before midnight on Sunday.

Have an opinion and want to talk about it? Pontificate below! Just don't make a fuckery out of the situation  I am offering you! This caption is definitely a blog exclusive so I invite you to let me know what you think!


7 comments:

  1. I have an overall distrust of the gov't so I wouldn't be okay with them having magical power. That said, if they did, I might have to do a little panhandling to see if they would get me. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is something interesting though, that both sides (no matter which one you are) of the political aisle mistrust the government, so something must be going right there! LOL

      Delete
  2. If the city can make me look like that I'm moving onto the street right now!!!

    I'm always a little suspicious of government, especially when they're trying to "do what's best" for me!!!!
    Their best intentions are usually not what's best for me....
    Remember the excesses of the french revolution led to the rise of the Emperor Napoleon!!! Just ask Robespierre how the revolution worked out for him!!!
    Sorry got off on a tangent there....it happens to me from time to time...

    Anyways, the cap posed a few interesting questions....what kind of jobs suddenly materialized for these new women? Did they change back and forth and wouldn't that kind of jolt twice a day make you insane? Did the city provide wardrobe or was that part of the magic?
    I liked it very much Dee!!!
    Kisses
    Kaaren

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, you know .. Beggars can't be choosers, right? Oh, the irony!

      It does lead to many questions. Even if they didn't get a job, they are much easier to look at this way sipping tea on a bench in the park, rather than laying down under old newspapers trying to sleep. That was my initial thought that led me to making this caption after seeing the picture.

      Also, I emailed you on Saturday. Wasn't sure if you had seen it yet!

      Delete
  3. Could certainly use this policy around Sydney, the genuine homeless if they want it, but more so forced on the professinal beggars who are everywhere and use all types of fuckery to get money and takeaway from the genuines

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have the fakes around here as well. Usually lugging around a small child to increase the sympathy factor. You can tell which ones are real by how much gratitude they offer you, even if you only give them a quarter or whatever.

      Delete
  4. Turn them all into beautiful women with normal lives who are then productive as guides / ambassadors showing people around the city

    ReplyDelete