Monday, February 18, 2019

A New Morning Awaits! Bright Eyed and Bushy Tailed!


I always try to capture dialog that is natural and snappy.  Come inside and see if I succeeded!


Writing this conversation made my brain hurt a bit, and I'm hoping that I was consistent throughout, though I have a good excuse if I didn't .. he's still getting used to being a 4 year old girl, so occasionally he might bust out a three syllable word.

When I saw that the lady in the photo was looking down at the camera, I knew this caption was meant for Licy, back a month ago when I made it and then forgot about it! Honestly, the best way to do an AR caption for a character that's regressed so far back is to make it POV, and then you don't have to worry about and sort of sexualized connotation at all. At most, all you can get out of it is that maybe the newly changed girl will end up looking like her mother in another 20-30 years. That would have to be extrapolated by the reader though, and I don't have to project it, which can me uncomfortable when I see others make up AR captions with less care.

I also love the fact that *I* get to be the mean old witch, and it sort of wraps up the story from the first paragraph and ties it into a little bow. You just have to throw out a callback when it's offered!


1 comment:

  1. It is hard to stay consistent with the change lingo and also make it understandable.
    Dee the old witch make an appearance. Who could argue with a witch if she waned to be I every caption.

    ReplyDelete