Friday, February 15, 2019

The Haven Fantasy Mall -- Down But Not Out . Yet!


 We still need places like this so support your local vendors! LOL


We have a few malls in the area that have either closed down, or are in the process of closing down. One of them has been turned into a nice outdoor pavilion type of destination with stores and restaurants and a movie theater. The other still looks like a parking lot of the damned! But what if THAT was exactly the place you were looking for? Something that looked real rough and scary on the outside, but on the inside was something much softer, warmer and just felt right? Well, don't we know what THAT is like, huh?

Anyway, I made this back at the beginning of January and then promptly forgot to post it, either here or on the Haven as a trade for Totalditz. I found a few others that haven't seen the light of day here, so when I get back, I'll be posting them for your viewing pleasure. I am heading off for the long weekend, so I probably won't have a post up until Monday at the earliest. See you then!

I will answer any and all comments to the best of my ability, so leave me your thoughts below. Sorry I haven't been as 'around' as I should be, but after this weekend, I have to buckle down and start up the 2nd job again, helping people with their taxes. That should drive me to make captions as an escape from the madness up through he middle of April.


7 comments:

  1. Several years ago there was a small Bridal boutique near where my favorite little lingerie shop was located....one day as the girls were fussing over me(I spent a lot of money there) they mentioned that the Bridal boutique owners were thinking of shutting down....the bigger shops had taken away most of their business...
    I went to the shop and it was filled with the most beautiful gowns I had ever seen....and after a talk with the manager he seemed to get what I was driving at...
    A Bridal Boutique open to men and women and everyone in between....
    A couple of ads in the local gay press brought him more customers than he dreamed of and word of mouth brought "brides" from all around to his little shop....
    He's still in business to this day.....and I got the most beautiful beaded princess style gown you've ever seen as a reward!!!!
    Anyway....I think as many shopping malls fail they simply need to change their business model a little.....and promise to fulfill that lifetime fantasy....for all those boys who are afraid to shop there but would really and truly love a woman's help with their wardrobe!!!!
    Even if they don't know that it's what they want as in your cap!!!!
    Loved it Dee....my kind of mall!!!
    Kisses
    Kaaren

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would imagine that many small town lingerie shops and fancy dress stores have that sort of policy, or they couldn't stay in business for too long. Perhaps it's just a Tuesday we are closed at 4 PM, but they have "private fittings" from 5 PM to 8 PM by appointment or something more.

      I know a lingerie / undergarment store that was near my work that had me bring my daughter by for one of those private appointments so she could be fitted for a bra, and the manager took all the proper measurements for her hips, stomach, etc.. and taught her what the different numbers and cup sizes meant, and even sold her something for 40 percent off .. I wasn't told what it was, but it would certainly make her feel like a lady, as it was explained to me! .. which made my daughter feel great as she was having body issues at the time, being 13 years old and a 32DD. We had her in a 34D which was OK, but a properly fitting bra is about the best thing in the world for a growing girl. To this day, I'll still buy her new bras when she needs them, and she's still amazed at how well I do when she says, "How much do you think THIS camisole is? Wow, you are are only off by 2 dollars!"

      So anyway, all it takes is an open mind, and our community will reward it ten fold. I'm glad you got a great outfit out of the deal!

      Delete
  2. Would love a mall like that, love that the bully went there and became one of the girls, all that positive female energy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, to counter a negative, you have to be VERY positive!

      Delete
    2. Of course you do great work, but have to say this is one of your best ones (maybe ever)

      Delete
  3. Never knew who to see and where to go to indulge myself with all the girliness I craved

    ReplyDelete