Sunday, January 6, 2019

But Pajamas Are Just Clothes You Wear to Bed!


Well, I have had arguments with my GF about the use of PJ's etc ..


.. so John's argument here is the same as mine, as I tend to just be naked or in a pair of underwear, and maybe if it is a bit chilly, I'll wear the shirt I wore all day to bed. God forbid anything touches her body that she wore during the day when her head hits the pillow. I'm like, well, then why don't you change the sheets every day then .. which she doesn't quite have an answer for. Then of course, there is the whole different kettle of fish in wearing lingerie which is for "going to bed" but not particularly what you wear to "go to sleep". At least I understand that part, as bed does not equal sleep.

So anyway! Here's another story where I get to work out another of life's issues in TG caption format!

Wendy, who this caption was written for on the Haven, had this to say in response:

Dee this is a wonderful account of the conversations between partners.
I had many such discussions with my ex, none of them ever resolved anything. 
When it comes down to it, I suppose it's simply a question of men being from mars and women being from Venus. Personally I would like to be from Venus but hey....
Taking sides? As usual I can see the pros and cons in both arguments and can understand both points of view. My normal guy mode just wants to crash into bed and sleep. But the girl Wendy in me wants to pamper and pretty myself, epilate and moisturise and slip between clean sheets feeling soft and silky and feminine. Think I'll be girly tonight. 
Thanks for doing this for me dear Dee. You are exploring the issues which we face both as people and t-girls and you explain them so well.

Where do you, my dear readers, fall in regards to this question that has rocked generations of people for the last 8 minutes or so since I proposed it here in this blog? I have a pretty good idea already what you all think, but go into the comments and let me know your thoughts. And don't get me started on the whole "should the toilet seat be up or down?" quandary!

Also, you can nominate your favorite captions I made "last" year by letting me know which ones in the comments. I am not sure if I will be giving out my favorites for 2018. It's a hell of a lot of work to whip up, and most of my weekends in January are already tied up. Maybe as a compromise, I'll take an hour or two to gather some together and I'll tag them "Dee's Best of 2018" or some other tag that people can click on to see what I chose.


6 comments:

  1. Really....you have to already know what my answer is going to be don't you...I wouldn't dream of going to sleep in the clothes I've worn all day!!! The very idea is unsettling....I have quite the selection of nighties and "comfies" as your protagonist refers to them...then I can wake in the morning feeling pretty and that's the best way to start your day!!!
    As for that seat up/seat down thing....the only time I put the seat up is when I'm cleaning the bathroom I can't think of any other reason I would need to!!!!
    Love
    Kaaren
    PS I sent you an e-mail...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I wouldn't want to wear a corset and heels all night long either!

      I'm sure going to bed in a nice silk or cotton nightie is wonderful, but awaking in one all sweaty and drooling is certainly another thing. You are probably a much better sleeper than I am!

      And for me, the toilet set should be left however it was used last! LOL For your household, I think you are right in that it never is up unless your wife has a male visitor!

      Delete
  2. Great caption - I do so love his commitment to self-improvement. :)

    I'm like you, I tend to sleep in the nude. We like our bedroom cool (we even crack the window in the winter), but shared body heat between 2 comforters and a down-filled duvet can get a bit much. I do have a few favorite satin chemises for nights where I need a little femininity to counter the day's stresses, and I have some fun nightshirts for lounging around in before bed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have separate sheets, which I think is the secret to our relationship success. We have the fitted bottom sheet on the mattress, and usually around this time of year, she has a flat sheet, a blanket for her top half, then a quilt for her bottom half. I have a flat sheet, and if it is cold, a thin blanket .. no matter what I usually have an arm and leg out of the blankets.

      This way, we won't fight over possession of the sheets, aka the tug of war, how many blankets we need over us, and I'm not laying on the bed in the morning with no sheets, while she is tied up in a knot. Plus, I can't put the blanket over her head and fart, and she can't put her damn cold feet on my back!

      Delete
  3. Satin for me, just shorts and a cotton t shirt, but ofcourse would like something satin and girly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe you can get your own sometime, or someone else will treat you to an entire bedroom set of lingerie!

      Delete