Sunday, November 25, 2018

Damien Was a Sk8er Boi! Well, A Hockey Player at Least!


Why not indulge in a little Dee Mentia fantasy caption that seems true to life!


Well, I had a bad knee injury when I was 15 that stopped me from playing hockey afterward. Well, honestly, I had the injury since I was 11, but it got really bad so I had the surgery when I was 15.

After that, I stuck to soccer and baseball in high school. I was more of an enforcer in soccer, where I would just bump into other players and try to trip them, or kick them in the legs. I ended up with a few yellow cards, but I was not a great player by any means, so that wasn't a huge deal to the team, though slowing down a fast striker on the other team DID help out team so I did my best.

When I saw this photo today, I knew it'd be a good one for me to just have some fun and kick back and enjoy what I had written. Nothing more, nothing less. Well, that and as I was writing this, my mind made up the perfect Roller Derby team name for my local area and I had to incorporate it into the caption. I mean, it totally fits and makes the caption worthwhile to me! Hope you enjoy it too!

What sports did you play while in school or in your youth through to adulthood, if any, and how would that have affected you if you had been turned into a female? Maybe it doesn't affect you at all, or maybe you are even better afterward .. or does it make you a lot less athletic after the change? Feel free to elaborate. Why not indulge yourself and write out what it'd have been like?



I liked much of Behemoth's prior recordings, but they went to new areas of extreme music with this new disc that came out. This is the 3rd single, and the video is not for easily offended people, as it invokes, from what I can tell, a Crowley based ritual for metaphysical means of knowledge. QUite moody though, and interesting enough changes through the song keep it interesting.

8 comments:

  1. I was always smaller than most of my peers so the contact sports were not for me....left gym class in an ambulance more than once!!!
    But I was fast...it was a kind of defense mechanism...when some neanderthal jock wanted to beat up the sissy I could usually leave him in the dust!!!
    This advantage lasted only until they got cars...I wasn't that fast!!!
    I recently cut back on my running a little....but I still do a couple of miles maybe three times a week....I prefer to run outdoors and I really hate the treadmill, or as I call it, the clothes hanger!!!
    Love
    Kaaren

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've always hated running, even when I was "Athletic". The dreaded "take a lap" was an absolute killer.

      Glad you were able to run away as best as you could. Everyone in my high school thought I was some sort of satanist because I'd wear leather jackets and band t shirts before it was really a normal thing. Then again, you listen to an actual satanic band like the one in this post, perhaps they were RIGHT to be scared! Anyway, being "evil" and knowing enough about sports kept me at bay from most sorts of issues, plus I did a few things that made people think I was not quite sane physically.

      Delete
  2. Well, if you can't become a Bruins anymore, a Bruisins may just be the next best thing.

    In the vilage where I grew up my first decade, soccer and gymnastics were the only sports availeble, next to the PE we got at school. Not being agile enough to become a gymnast, it became soccer. I didn't shed a tear when we moved, and I could drop soccer. In my new village it turned out I was a decent cyclist, but I never felt the need to do so in a competitive setting. For me the rush of riding a bike fast, was and still is enough.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting that in my area, biking was more of a way to get from someone's house to another house or store before you learned how to drive! There was no school team for it, either.

      In my high school, we had organized sports for guys: Soccer, Football, Hockey, Basketball, Baseball, Tennis and Golf. Wrestling was just an organized club my senior year and I participated in that as well. For girls, it was Field Hockey, Fall (& Winter) Gymnastics, Volleyball, Football Cheer, Basketball Cheer, Tennis, and Softball.

      Delete
  3. Soccer and field Hockey for me. usually in defense but to this day I can still remember my moment of glory with the one perfect ball up field to the strikers feet. GOOOOOAL! Hockey was mostly and excuse to hit each other with sticks. I expect the where shorts now but in my day the girls wore rather short skirts for sports.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, at my high school, the girls wore a blue T-shirt and a plaid dress kilt sort of thing.

      Delete
  4. Played soccer and cricket, both those sports now on mainstream tv in oz for woman but no oppurtunity when i should have been a little girl, probably would have been softball (was women only back then) or tennis

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the caption, she looks happy

    ReplyDelete