Wednesday, November 21, 2018

All That I'm Thankful For .. and New England Tale That's Yet to Be Heard!


I'm sure the history is correct! You can take it from me .. History, um Herstory Professor Mentia!


What am I thankful for? Internet models like Italian Lace from Southern Charms, whom I used as the model for this story. She puts a real effort into making her "smut" visually appealing and creative enough that it can be re-purposed into a caption that is fun to read and stare at for a few moments. If I could possess a body for a bit of time, she'd be definitely near the top of my list, and she also stars in one of my favorite captions of all time, currently in the right hand column.

I am thankful for Rachel's Haven for still being a viable place to make friends and trade captions, and also for Rachel still battling some horrible health issues. The world is a nicer place for TG people with her being a big part of it.

I am thankful for all my followers, fellow captioners, online friends, and lurkers that keep coming back for more .. and those that aren't around, but still give me many fond memories of days past. People like Bren, Steffie, Petra, Erin, etc .. You are all a big part of who I am today!

I am thankful for my creativity, which is usually around when I need it. I have been blessed with almost no writer's block since I started making captions like 10 (?) years ago. Trust me, I don't take this for granted. Not everything is great, but it's all at least presentable!

I am thankful for my family who keeps me on my toes and all the friends that stay in touch, and make life livable. My life is a bunch of experiences strung together, which forms a narrative path, none of which I could do without people to share it with.

I am thankful to share my creative vision with you a few times each week, and to interact when I can. Once again, I've learned so much from people that have viewpoints and experiences I haven't, from sub / dom relationships, sissy lifestyle, cuckolding, bondage, drag queens, etc .. I am a much more open and understanding person than I was when I started making captions.

And I'm thankful that I have the chance to be thankful for another year on the planet, in a body that doesn't disgust me to dwell in. I know many of you out there loathe your outer shell. I am lucky that I am more of a fantasy dreamer than a true trans person. For those that are, you have my compassion and support. I hope you can brave the battles and come out victorious.

I hope that all of you out there have SO MUCH to be thankful for. I've had rough times and came through them a better person, and I believe that you have, and will, do so too. May your lives be fruitful and filled with  hope, passion, and love, and that you'll never be able to count all your blessings because they are so abundant and plentiful.

Feel free to talk about the caption, or whatever things you are thankful for, below in the comment section. In case you didn't know, Provincetown, or P Town, is at the tip of Cape Cod, and is an enclave for LGBTW+ people. A few times a year they have parades and some festivals, and it can be quite flamboyant. It's not as well known but the Pilgrims first landed on Provincetown.


Love Heathen Apostles! One of the best releases of the year. It's spooky Americana music, a la Nick Cave or Johnny Cash with mostly acoustic instruments. When I'm feeling gothy but quiet, I'll throw this on to mellow out. Check out the entire disc on Youtube.

4 comments:

  1. A very Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family Dee....it's gonna be mighty cold so bundle up in something pretty and stay warm!!!!
    Love
    Kaaren

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is freezing here tonight! But we've battened down the hatches and snuggled up safe and warm!

      Hope your family is huddled together in warmth and holiday spirit as well!

      Delete
  2. See, living in Canada, we totally skipped that history lesson - I might have been a tad more interested if we hadn't. :)

    Seriously, great job! Happy Thanksgiving, and thanks for entertaining us, motivating us, and engaging us with every caption. You're one of the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sally! The same goes for you as well, publishing something almost EVERY day! Hope you had a joyous NORMAL THURSDAY and an even better REGULAR FRIDAY!

      Delete