Saturday, September 22, 2018

'Terri' Was More Than Happy .. Until Dee *something something*


Just whipped this up after rereading a funny old-time advert from the 1950's. See it inside!


I wanted to makes something for Terri, and I thought it would be fun to do something a bit different. I enjoyed the photo, but with a white background, it can be hard to integrate text into it without it looking odd. I did choose a different font, and I left out all shading, shadows, and any other effects.


Here's the old advert I was talking about. Seems silly now, especially the whole thing of making jello salads that have things like meat and veggies floating in it. But the way the guy talks is almost as degradingly sexist as the way women were supposed to behave back then! Honestly, he seems like maybe 3 steps more evolved than a caveman. "How you harness fire to cook bouncy see-through meat food for man-ape like me? Murg is impressed and wants to impregnate you, after lovely ceremony in front of Sun God, of course!"

The thing that makes this all work is that small detail you might miss upon seeing the outfit at first glance, the shiny brass lock at the back of 'her' neck. Maybe Dee is heading off to work at the firm, and wants to make sure her hubby Terri stays pure and chaste while she's gone. I mean, there's the milk man, and the mail man, and the UPS guy, not to mention many other wives that might try to tempt her with recipes! That lock keeps the uniform in place, and matches the one on his cock blocker too! Did I forget to mention that? Oopsie!

Feel free to comment on what happens next, or perhaps you want to give us the back story of how this came into being? Something tells me that Martin asked for this, and Dee took what he wanted, and gave Terri even MORE than what was expected!


5 comments:

  1. Those adverts are astounding, are they not? Sad to say, TV adverts haven't improved all that much, they've just got better at hiding in plain sight.

    Love the caption too, I think that old trope of being indulged then trapped is just divine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Or the trope of "you might not want to wish for something, as you just might get it!"

      Delete
  2. Oh, that dress is SOOOO pretty, and I love the idea of being locked into it . . . the thrill of hearing that 'click' behind you, and knowing there's no escape until she says so. I wonder what else might be locked? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I left it out of the caption, but made a mention of it in the 2nd to last paragraph .. that it's probably a matching padlock!

      I hope everyone did notice that there *IS* a lock on the collar of that outfit!

      Delete
  3. Pretty picture hehe. Love the story (as always)! Keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete