Wednesday, August 22, 2018

The Teenage Swappening .. Just Three Weeks Before the Prom!


Sounds like a horror movie from the 60's starring Annette Funicello and the short guy ..


Frank Valli? .. oh wait, I looked it up, Frankie Avalon! The Beauty School Dropout guy!

I wanted to write a caption from a different perspective than usual, not any of the main characters, and not a sort of Greek Chorus either .. so mom of the newly transformed boy seemed appropriate enough .. as the kids were still getting used to the new gender roles. Or perhaps, Nate as a female hadn't gone through with learning how to drive yet. I just thought it would be fun to have the "girl" pick up a boy for the prom and turn that little cliche on its ear.

I also tried to write it as though it was a real happening. I would like to think that the town would actually come together like that .. and no, I haven't the slightest idea what happened to cause them all to change into their opposite gender. It was just a Deux a Machina or whatever you want to call it. Maybe you the readers have a better idea? Feel free to tell me your ideas down below.


3 comments:

  1. Clearly action by aliens. Or the water supply. Or both.

    I love the image BTW.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed it, and OMG!

      A Joanna citing! Call off the search party!

      How ya been, girlie?

      Delete
    2. Aw, thank you! It's nice to feel welcomed back.

      Been generally okay, and things may even be looking up, who knows!

      Delete