Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Humpty Dumpty Industries CEO, Henri, Had a Great Fall!


Or the problem wasn't he didn't WANT to fall.


This caption was made for Nadine, and she supplied the picture as part of her 2 for 1 offer to help out the Haven. It's got a lot of exposition in it, and not as much impact as I'd have liked it to have.

For me, sometimes the caption calls for an elaborate set-up, as that is where the fun is. People who like detail in the changes of clothes, body parts, or just plain atmosphere. I can do those fairly well, but mostly my best work usually just gets to the point, or at least where I want you to think its the point, before I try to pull the rug out from underneath you.

This is an example of getting bogged down in the setup. I don't dislike it as much as I did when I first posted it, but I feel like I'm just leading you through the caption like a tour guide, instead trying to get you inside of it to feel something. Perhaps it is just going through the motions, and I hate doing that.

It's perfectly cromulent, but it makes me feel "meh". Perhaps you feel that way too about it.

I don't feel like there is much of a story before, or even after, the caption happens. It just sort of "is" in a state of being. I'm sure there is a story afterwards, but I honestly don't care to hear it. Perhaps it's a wonderful story, but we'll never know because we've already changed the channel.

Sorry to be a bit of a sourpuss, but it is how I feel on this one. Tell me I'm right, or why I'm wrong. Perhaps I'm way too judgmental on it, but when the caption's file name is CEOtohooker" you expect something more than this.


2 comments:

  1. I don't know, I like it. Nice play on the corporate hierarchy, lovely subtle transformation, and a fun acceptance of fate at the end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked it. I don't think I could ever go thru with a trust fall, no matter who was there. I'm not a very trusting person. I would've been quite satisfied with those results lol.

    ReplyDelete