Saturday, March 28, 2015

What's My Name? .. Fly Robin Fly!


It really makes you wonder, eh?


Made this one the other day as I found it the same folder I found the photo for Hailey's caption I posted last night. I don't think they'd do this sort of thing now, but in the 50's or 60's comics, it seemed like someone was gender swapped every week! Stay tuned below for one last Pop Culture caption that I couldn't help buy making this morning when I saw the picture!

A question from Josie Chung (via our Ask Dee section!)
If Damian was transformed into an ethnically Ukrainian or Russian young woman, would name would she pick in place of Dee/Dee Dee?

If I had to choose, I think I might go with either:


Doroteya, which means "God's gift". People with this name have a deep inner desire to serve humanity and to give to others by sharing money, knowledge and experience, or creative and artistic ability. People with this name tend to be orderly and dedicated to building their lives on a solid foundation of order and service. They value truth, justice, and discipline, and may be quick-tempered with those who do not. Their practical nature makes them good at managing and saving money, and at building things in the material world. I could also go by Doro, because Doro Pesch is a great singer and attractive woman, both as a solo artist and with Warlock!

or

Dominika, which means "Born on Sunday". People with this name have a deep inner need for quiet, and a desire to understand and analyze the world they live in, and to learn the deeper truths. Apparently the same definition from this site for the name Doroteya .. Honestly, I didn't know that before I chose it! I took it mostly cuz it looks like a name a stern gulag warden would have!


This one wasn't strong enough on its own to upload to its own post on the blog. I saw the hair and immediately said, "Moe's got gams!" It even helps that there is an old-timey phone in the office! Tried to write it up as best as I could with some signature quotes and lines to let everyone in on it. I believe that most people know who the Three Stooges are and I cannot imagine they've been the stars of too many TG Captions either!


2 comments:

  1. Poor Robin always the fall guy(gal) guess because he always looked a bit lame and wimpy. The three stooges are refrenced in so many things and i know the quotes but i don't think that i've ever seen a film or show with them in I well have to check u tube out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Robin really shoulda expected something like that if he was going to run around in a crime-fighting outfit that showed off his legs. :)

    "...Doroteya or Dominika"

    {steeples fingers} Exxxxxcellent. >:)

    ReplyDelete