Monday, December 29, 2014

Dee's Top 10 (or so) Favorite Captions of 2014! Part One!


I almost posted Part Two first to fuck with your heads!


"Damn it Dee! I can't seem to find Part One anywhere!"

I wanted to go through all my captions that I made in 2014, and pick out my favorite TEN captions of the year, and possibly explain WHY I liked them so much. Time often gives us a bit of perspective and maybe a few fell between the cracks and I like them more now than when I made them. Others were favorites of mine from the get go! There are no captions from December 2014 as its too early for me to say if they were some of the best of the year. We shall see how my favorites lined up with yours! Let me know if I missed a really good one!

There is no particular order to these Top 10 since I'm just going to grab them as I go along.


When it comes to obliviousness, this caption pretty much takes the cake, eats it, and then bakes another one. Her dialog is what makes this a winner for me. I'm a big fan of guys who are on the cusp of being aware what happened, and confusing a mirror with a virtual reality screen is definitely not seeing the forest for the trees!


I like a good "programming" caption and this might be at the top of the list, due to how closely the picture and the story mesh with the caption setting. The zinger at the end ties it all up nicely.


One of the more touching and serios captions I made this year, and was specifically made for Easter morning. Who hasn't thought about abandoning their old life for something new and exciting? I wanted that theme of rebirth to color a caption that anyone could imagine themselves in. Was it a simple mistake, or something more involved? One of my favorite picture finds of the year!


I love a good "evil villain monologue" and this one wasn't too hard to write with a source photo this good. The fact that I tied it into the story in both the beginning and end also raises it up a notch.


The Iron Maiden fan in me loves this creation, something that I whipped up for one of the DIY Challenges. I think that every entry someone submitted was excellent, and it was my favorite DIY Challenge of the entire year. It is such a striking picture, and if you know of the epic poem, it fits in well with my literary acknowledgement. You don't often find Coleridge referenced in a TG caption.

This ends part one, but here are a few honorable mentions that are quite silly or bizarre, and who doesn't want to see THAT in a TG caption?!?




There will be a part 2 coming soon. I'm a bit predictable when it comes to that, eh?


3 comments:

  1. An excellent early representation of your top captions of the year. Maybe you should have gone with top twenty?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the compliment in saying that I might have had too many good ones for just a Top 10.

      As I think I stated above, if I looked at my captions again 3 days from now, I might have many different ones than the captions I choose today. Quite a few of the ones I created that starred you could've cracked my Top 10 including the one with the sissy underneath the dressing table.

      I am going to look over part two before I do post it just in case I am in a different mood. One thing I do notice is that sometimes I have a good week or so, followed by a week or two of "lesser" captions. I'm happy with most of them, but I am trying to highlight ones that are still with me, even though they've been posted for months now.

      Delete
    2. I know what you mean about how sometimes there are good weeks and some not so good. I realize that what you do requires much more thought than what I do, but even so, my erotic inspiration that let's me think of things to say about photos I discover speaks to me differently at different times, and the results are reflected as such. Because you tell a story in a few words along with a photo each time you create a caption, your inspiration must be even more difficult to feel.

      Delete