Sunday, July 12, 2026

He was ... Maid to Lose!

Who said you had to be sexy to be a maid?

I'm still sick, and finishing up a round of antibiotics after the prednisone didn't work as planned. But at least I'm relatively functional now. Hope you enjoy this caption I made a number of weeks ago, but hadn't posted until now because .. I wasn't sure if people would click on it, without a sexy image in it. Hopefully everyone will prove me wrong.

It's a perfectly functional maid outfit, and you can't convince me that a real French Maid outfit does anything other than arouse passions in the boss and perhaps a s!ssy wearing it. I wouldn't want a uniform like that to get messed up while cleaning under the stove or behind the fridge.

What do you think? I'll try to have up a quickie caption up on Wednesday night is possible so check in towards the middle to end of the week. Also, I just hit 600 watchers on Deviant Art. Please do check it out as I post older captions there, and occasionally I'll throw up a new one to keep people honest!

Something from a lost thrash metal classic album by Testament. They are one of the few metal bands from the 80's that made really great albums in the 2000's, along with Overkill, Kreator, Death Angel and Exodus.

8 comments:

  1. Fun twist on expectations, Dee. You know, it's not just the French maid outfit that's going away. How often do you really see 'Maids' wearing skirts at all in reality? They've been wearing pants for a long long time. Nurses don't wear skirts any longer. I'd say it's a 50/50 chance to see skirts on 'personal assistants' in offices now a days. Where do we see professional women wearing skirts?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just for laughs, I looked to see if the place I bought a nurse uniform at for Halloween years ago still had them. Nope. All tops and scrubs..... just a little sad about it. My uniform was lost to time.....

      Delete
    2. I've seen maids dressed like the caption at a hotel a few years ago, probably because they use a linen service and have the uniforms washed and bleached etc .. or they'll be wearing linen pants for the same reasons.

      As you mentioned, nurses are not wearing skirts or dresses and haven't for a long time. My forever person that was a nurse mentioned that when she started, candy stripers were still in skirts but that was more to show that they weren't nurses, but volunteers / assts. The disconcerting thing for me was seeing nurses recently that were wearing crocs that were too big for them, with socks, as is the fashion. I can't imagine them running very well to a room in an emergency. My forever person just work blue scrubs.

      And for professional women, I will see them wear dresses sometimes, but it's mostly for summer time in lieu of shorts, or in the winter when they wear warm tights and boots. As a hosiery fan, it's disheartening to see pantyhose fall by the wayside. :(

      Delete
    3. The Halloween in question was not all THAT long ago, but even then it was mostly scrubs. But some traditionalists held out, and mine was supposed to be a bit of a throwback anyway (long story, not my idea). But it was a legitimate nurse uniform bought from a uniform outlet, not Spirit or something. And NOT a pretty sight.

      Delete
  2. First of I'm sorry you're still sick and hope this course does the job. Moving on, this kind of fantasy is very much up my alley. It doesn't have to be a stereotypical black maids outfit to work. I remember in healthcare during the late 70's the move towards wearing trousers coming in and for activities like delivering physical therapy it's more modest

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, times change definitely. I can remember being quite young and seeing the Candy Striper outfits in hospitals, and I was definitely into THAT vibe too!

      Delete
  3. I wish my wife would bet me and I ended up her sexy French maid. I would do the cleaning, but I would want to be reqarded for doing a good job,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you do the cleaning you SHOULD be rewarded!

      Delete