Thursday, July 11, 2024

Look for .. The Union Label ..


No sloppy shop in the Genie's Local #69 .. And now they never have to work overtime!


Honestly, I had no real ideas heading into making this caption, other than I liked the image and thought I could get something out of it. And the first thing that came to mind is someone who was "cursed" by a wish .. wanted some sort of arbitration to lessen the impact of being changed into a woman.

From there, I started writing "contract" type wording, and I thought .. well if there is arbitration, then perhaps there is a union .. a union of genies is a fun idea to have, don't you think? .. and I leaned into that somewhat so the plot seems more plausible. And i just went with the rest. All told, it took maybe 12 minutes from start to finish, which is around the amount of time it usually takes me to write up a caption when I already have the idea in mind .. so this went swimmingly well I think.

So what sorts of compromises and labor requests do you think a genie union would want? Let me know in the comments .. perhaps it would inspire me to make another one in this vein. I mean, anything can be a universe, right? If I can do like 20+ captions about someone sitting on a bench, just about any idea could be fleshed out to more than one panel!



2 comments:

  1. Got to be careful with these union shops! One of the genies had some compassion as work had been slow. When this "subject" appeared and asked for another wish, the genie said, "it's been a slow week, so one more". Immediately the new woman said I'd like a smaller and rounder ass please. The genie replied, "is this all? Wish granted" Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Dee,
    Any word on how Carly is doing? Also, any idea if Marty is ever going to return? Thanks, Zoe

    ReplyDelete