Sunday, March 24, 2024

James' New Weekend Routine!

Don't you hate having to work in the office on the weekend? Well, there can be perks!

Wanted to make a caption this Saturday morning, and was going through some pantyhose galleries online, and much of them I've already seen before, and this one gallery in particular had a bunch that I'd seen hundreds of times before, and then I came across this picture, and I liked the "in the moment" aspect I wanted to highlight.

It also lead me to two different conversations I had over the week. One was how, no matter how simple your name is, it's destined to be mangled by the Starbucks barista, and even if you name is Jim, when you walk out of there, you're now the exotically named Janx. 

Another conversation with a metaphysical friend of mind made note that more people aren't in touch with true magic because nobody ever writes things physically on paper anymore. When we create something that is permanent; it has a power to it, where you are casting spells (it is called spelling, you know!) and incantations with intent. With digital means, it's just 1's and 0's in the ether, so to speak, and has no real power to change anything of substance, since it lacks an actual presence. Well, that's at least how I understood it.

From there, My brain just mashed them together, and you are seeing the result. If you want to know how the sausage (or coffee!) is made when it comes to creating captions, this is a good indicator of how my mind works.

Now I'm wondering if I should print out copies of all my captions to see if I can manifest all the powerful magic that is contained within the lines I've written. Maybe some day soon, everyone I've even created a caption for will wake up one day wondering how you ended up in a sexy nightgown, wandering over to a closet filled with sexy dresses and lots of high heels just awaiting your petite feet! Let me know what you think down below!


3 comments:

  1. Lovely fun cap Dee! I didn't catch on to the 'write your name, make the magic' bit in this, but it makes sense. I've heard that about magic before as it'd be one of the technological reasons it's less and less common.

    That's actually a subgenre of magic that intrigues me... magic mixing with technology! It has me thinking about a longer form story focusing on that. Might be my first 'magic' story!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, the "Write your name, write the magic" wasn't supposed to be implied in the caption, just more of an allusion to what was going to transpire later. I was more so trying to show people how my creative juices often get flowing and how I actually come up with captions in general.

      I've done some "magic X technology" captions now and again. I'd definitely be interested in you doing something magical as it's not your usual style. Hell, I remember Belladonna (on Fictionmania) who was Sarine Davis on the Haven, being inspired by one of my captions to make her 1st or 2nd magical story on FM, and it was cool to read .. even though many of her fans were like, "What the Actual Fuck is this?!?"

      Delete
    2. Ah, I get it. It's always fun to see someone's path from creative germ to finished product. At least it's always fun for me!

      I'm gone back to being on the fence about writing a longer form story about magic since I posted that comment just two days ago. I did some soul searching on my ongoing story where I'm leaning way more into technology than I did before and I'm thinking my reliance on the technology is making the story worse. Between setting up the technology in my head, explaining it in the story, and then utilizing it, I seem to have less story about the characters themselves. I'm not happy with it and am in fact stuck right now and the number of reads the story is getting tells me the readers are in the same boat.

      I guess I'd have to decide on a story that's interesting and character based, but requires magic instead of 'normal' means or technological means of transformation. Body swapping or possession comes to mind in that vein.

      I don't know, even just writing this response out I've changed my mind on the whole idea twice!

      Delete